Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the 13 inch LA Choppers prime apes installed on my 2013 FLTRX. So far I love these bars. Very comfortable and look great!

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
They look like they belong there, should have
arrived from the factory already installed !!!

I went with their 16" Twin Peaks and am very happy
after 4k miles...a couple 500 mile days in the mix.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I agree! Haven't had a chance to take any long rides yet....but so far so good. I'm sitting up straighter now and my posture is better too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dig 'em, Boss. Definitely looks good on your ride. I'm partial to apes on black denim :D

What shield are you running? Looks like a Mako? If you don't mind, what height and tint?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Looks awesome. If you don't mind me asking who did the install and what did it run you?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Hey there. A guy named Matt who owns a company called Mobile Cycle Service did the install. He does all kind of services on bikes at your home in a good size work trailer. Due to the lengthy install of apes on a fairing bike he did it at his place in Corona CA. It cost me just about $500 for install and I supplied all the parts. But if you need parts he gets them at a better price through HD. If you have a bike with ABS install will be more expensive. Pm me if you want his contact info. Does great work!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dig 'em, Boss. Definitely looks good on your ride. I'm partial to apes on black denim :D

What shield are you running? Looks like a Mako? If you don't mind, what height and tint?
Thanks! I'm running the Windvest 14 inch dark smoke. I'm 6'4" and look over the shield and it does a great job for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got my Prime Apes and cable/line extension kit in hand. Being installed next week. I am pretty excited about this as I am 6'1" and believe the ride will be much more comfortable. BTW, your bike is the exact same paint as mine. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my Prime Apes and cable/line extension kit in hand. Being installed next week. I am pretty excited about this as I am 6'1" and believe the ride will be much more comfortable. BTW, your bike is the exact same paint as mine. Thanks for posting.
Awesome! You will love them. Post a pic when they are all done. Glad I could be of assistance!

·
Registered
147 Posts

I'm looking at getting the Twin peaks 13" or Todd's 12".

You really like the Twin Peaks?

They're going on my 12 Ultra.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Good looking bars on that bike. Ordered my BR's last week and keep looking at different bikes to see how tall the 14"s will be. Most people that do Ape's on RG's have that short shield. Kinda hard to relate my build with that.

Nice job, Time for the next project...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just had the 13 inch LA Choppers prime apes installed on my 2013 FLTRX. So far I love these bars. Very comfortable and look great!
Looks great. I have the same color bike and still undecided about black or chrome bars in 14". I am also looking at the Buky malos and Buky mad doggers as well as the Wild 1 Outlawz. All this looking gives me a headache trying to figure what bar I want to buy.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice looking Trying to decide which black bars I want to go with. Are those 1.25 or 1.50?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts