Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the new shield from LRS. I will post an update as I get some miles on it. Looks and fits very nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow-up on 15" LRS Thresher

Night and day difference from HD 15" Wind Splitter.
Wind is over my helmet, no buffeting around my ears and can really hear the stereo very nicely!
Other people have made statements about visible distortion from the flip at the top of the shield and elsewhere. I've found that to be a little hypercritical. (my opinion) It's really a non-issue.
I got the medium gray and found it to be fine for day and night riding.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Good to know. Got my 12" dark tint Stingray, but have really had time in the saddle to see how well it works for me.

One nit pic thing I did notice was the LRS logo sticker was off center. I'll be removing that soon...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've noticed some distortion on mine but to me it's about the bottom one third to half of the windshield. It doesn't bother me though because looking through that part of the windshield all I'm really seeing is a the few feet right in front of the tire where I really don't need to see anyways.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wind is over my helmet, no buffeting around my ears and can really hear the stereo very nicely!
Other people have made statements about visible distortion from the flip at the top of the shield and elsewhere. I've found that to be a little hypercritical. (my opinion) It's really a non-issue.
Just my 2 cents.
I took my bike out a ride this past weekend with the 15 inch Thresher on a day with no wind (finally). Absolutely no buffeting around my helmet. I am very pleased with this shield and am likely going to order a stingray as well now. I though initially it might be to tall for me but after a two hour ride, it is just right.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just my 2 cents.
I got my scoot out this weekend on a day with not wind (finally) using the same shield. Absolutely no buffeting around my head. I think I will order a Stingray now as well. Very pleased with this shield.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just my 2 cents.
I got my scoot out this weekend on a day with no wind (finally) using the same shield. Absolutely no buffeting around my head. I think I will order a Stingray now as well. Very pleased with this shield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts