Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know why a HD Sundowner Seat from a pre '14 will not fit on a 2017 RGU? Parts Catalog says from 14-17 a different seat is needed for the RGU due to the tourpack? Just curious if anyone has any experience with this as to why? Thanks.
** Posted on wrong sub forum, sorry...I moved this to the main "General Forum" area. Moderators could delete this one if reading this...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Anyone know why a HD Sundowner Seat from a pre '14 will not fit on a 2017 RGU? Parts Catalog says from 14-17 a different seat is needed for the RGU due to the tourpack? Just curious if anyone has any experience with this as to why? Thanks.
** Posted on wrong sub forum, sorry...I moved this to the main "General Forum" area. Moderators could delete this one if reading this...
Should fit 09 up should fit i put a used sundowner on my 17 road glide.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No mine is a regular road glide.What part is not fitting?
I am considering a trade of my 09 on a 17. The 17 is a RGU and the parts catalog says that my sundowner wont fit any 15-17 RGU due to the tour pack. Unsure what that is about.?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Bring the seat in and see if it fits. You have to have the lid open on the tour pack when changing seats.

The tour pack changed for the Rushmore bikes, but the seat connection points should be the same.

So, it might leave a little extra space to the backrest or the passenger width might have changed because of the speakers. Can you get the dimensions of both part numbers?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am considering a trade of my 09 on a 17. The 17 is a RGU and the parts catalog says that my sundowner wont fit any 15-17 RGU due to the tour pack. Unsure what that is about.?
I would make them try it but i think it will work they have several different part numbers but will work.I've tried several different seats anything from 09 up worked on mine.The frames are still the same.Hope this helps won't take but a few minutes to check one bolt to remove.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bring the seat in and see if it fits. You have to have the lid open on the tour pack when changing seats.

The tour pack changed for the Rushmore bikes, but the seat connection points should be the same.

So, it might leave a little extra space to the backrest or the passenger width might have changed because of the speakers. Can you get the dimensions of both part numbers?
Yeah, so the P&A Catalog says that my seat is 16" wide and passenger is 14" wide. The '14 and up model says seat width is 14.5" and passenger is 13".? I thought that the Rushmore bikes had more room for passenger, yet seat is slightly smaller?
I think I am just going to go over with my seat and put it on to see...

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Yeah, so the P&A Catalog says that my seat is 16" wide and passenger is 14" wide. The '14 and up model says seat width is 14.5" and passenger is 13".? I thought that the Rushmore bikes had more room for passenger, yet seat is slightly smaller?
I think I am just going to go over with my seat and put it on to see...
Sounds like speaker clearance. Let us know how it works out.

L

·
0 Posts
sometimes you have to press down hard to get the slot to fit over the tongue! If not in the right location , cut a slot yourself , and reposition it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts