Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the hundreds of posts giving glowing reviews, like Shrug's after Alaskapade and my mountain riding buddy NORSEMAN's unqualified endorsement, I bought and installed a new 14.5" dark tint Madstad this weekend and am dialing it in. Seems to have a great deal of adjustment for a lot of different size riders and conditions. Actually slightly disappointed on my first ride, hope to find a sweet spot soon.

For you guys who've had 'em for a long time, some sage words of advice on angle and height would be welcome. I'm 6' with a 31' inseam on an Ultra so I'm up a little higher than a custom.

I've already listed a Freedom Shield in the classifieds, will also be listing an LRS Mako soon.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam. I have the 14.5" Madstad, as well. It took me three or four runs down the highway to dial mine in. My "sweet spot" is about 1/3 the way down from full height and angled slightly back from the forward stop, if you will. Everyone has there own sweet spot, so you need to do some adjusting to get it the way you want it. The sweet spot will vary with different helmets, too.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam. I have the 14.5" Madstad, as well. It took me three or four runs down the highway to dial mine in. My "sweet spot" is about 1/3 the way down from full height and angled slightly back from the forward stop, if you will. Everyone has there own sweet spot, so you need to do some adjusting to get it the way you want it. The sweet spot will vary with different helmets, too.
I have the 14.5. Im 6.2 with 32 inseam. Seat lowered an inch. I run mine all the way down and set at 60 degrees.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I set mine top of shield between my chin and nose at 58 - 60 degrees. solo around town. Pull it up a bit but still looking over the shield keeping the shield tilt the same.
Two-up> I need to adjust down to nose height because the front of the RG will lift with a passenger. I will set at 62 - 64 degrees around town. Hop on the interstate raise to just below eye level where the air will lift up over her helmet. The height all depends on your passenger torso and seat height. Jump on the interstate at 50 and hold your hand up to feel where the wind is lifting off the shield. Close the gap to lift the wind angle and you will lose the under shield air. Until I uploaded the "Protractor 360" APP on my smart phone. Your guessing without a base start point. I used 58 degrees since that was the number most was happy with. It worked for me.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Yep, chin height and 58 degree angle spaced out about 1.5 " from the base.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts