Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody else have Buky (Factory 47) issues?

I ordered a set of Malo bars from Factory 47 in March over the phone as they didn't have 12" bars on their website or Ebay at that time. Told him exactly what they were for. I never got any kind of email or any other order confirmation. Just the credit card transaction. Called them 3 weeks later and they said they were shipped a couple days prior. All good. I received them a couple days later. Got them all wired up and installed and noticed that there were a couple extra holes that I had never seen on any other set. I kind of noticed them earlier, but figured they were for the handlebar controls or something. Anyway, I sent them an email Monday and asked them about it. They got back to me and asked me what year and model bike I had. I sent them the info Monday after I got home and haven't heard squat from them since. I sent them another email yesterday and still haven't heard back. I don't mind mistakes but I freakin' hate feeling ignored. These damn holes are annoying. Right at eye level and you can plainly see the yellow TBW wire on the right side. I was going to call them, but I know myself a bit too well and think I better keep this on an email basis for a few more days and see if they respond. I have never heard of anybody having issues with these guys, so I am kind of surprised at this.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I placed my order with them nearly 3 weeks ago and haven't received any update. Called last week and it took them 10 minutes to look up my order, I was told they were "still in production".
Calling again today to find out whats up. They told me 5-15 business days before I had them and day 15 is next Tuesday.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They told me 15 days, and they were right on the money there. I have tendon issues in my left elbow, so can't ride for another week or so, but I want to get this resolved because I don't know if they are going to do nothing, or send me new bars and want the old ones back, want the old ones back first or what. I sure don't feel like being without bars for 4-5 weeks during prime riding weather. This is what lack of communication causes and it frustrates the hell out of me.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
MP,

I think you might have received someone else's custom bars. Those holes look like they would align with some possibly non factory electronic accessories like a gps mount and maybe a com system mount of some kind to keep all power wires hidden within the bars.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes I was also told 15 days, today is day 16 so I called them, they awnsered first try but said my bars were being chromed today and they would not be shipped till the 7th, that will make it 23 days. they seem to be good looking bars just a lot of time needed when dealing with them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Kind of sounds like most companies that start out with good customer service when they're trying to get their foot in the door. Once the foot is in the door though, suddenly everything changes. Not picking on Factory 47 (formerly Buky Bars), seems that way with "most" companies. Just my opinion. The proof is here in the forum. I apologize in advance for my abrasive attitude.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered from them and received the same bars in chrome ,the holes are for models with the pinned wieghted controls.they sent me another set of bars without the holes right away .and I sent the wrong ones back no issue

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ordered from them and received the same bars in chrome ,the holes are for models with the pinned wieghted controls.they sent me another set of bars without the holes right away .and I sent the wrong ones back no issue
Finally was able to speak to someone there. They did send bars for the wrong year. I am now debating on how to handle the exchange. They want me to send these back before they send another pair. Of course they have to be made first and I don't want to be without bars for 4-5 weeks. They don't seem to want to let me have the bars before sending these back so kind of at a standoff. At least they said they will start making them Monday. I understand where they are coming from, but I waited 3 weeks for these and I don't want to wait any more. Wouldn't be a huge deal, but I have no back-up bars.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had kind of the same problem. Ordered the RG Assualt bars and they sent me the Assualt bars for a Street glide. I called them and they said I ordered the Assualt bars, which I know I didn't (why would I order bars for a SG) . They would not pay for return shipping or to ship me the right bars. In the end I paid for the shipping. They new that they had me over a barrel. Bike sat for 3 weeks at least with no bars. Receive the right bars yesterday. I hope I really love these bars.:mad:

·
Registered
186 Posts
For the record, I tried to buy a set off of eBay from Factory 47 and after it took a week for them to respond to my question, I said F these guys. I don't have the patience for this crap.

Not to leave anyone out, a buddy of mine ordered a set of bars from BR Customs when he ordered his new RG, thinking they would be done and his bike ready to pick up from the dealer when he returned from deployment (LAST SATURDAY!). They weren't ready and BR wasn't answering the phone either. I think BR decided to answer the phone on Tuesday. As of today, still no bars for my friend.

I ordered my Badseed bars last week and finished the install last night.

In 9 days, I went from ordering to installed (by myself) and running.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The holes in the bars are for the locating pins in the larger clamps used in the 2015 models. I've got the same problem with the Road 6 Customs bars I fitted to my 15 because I had to change to the older design clamp in order to adjust my levers flatter. With the pins and the gussets the larger clamp locates into with their bars, my levers were point up about 20 deg.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had kind of the same problem. Ordered the RG Assualt bars and they sent me the Assualt bars for a Street glide. I called them and they said I ordered the Assualt bars, which I know I didn't (why would I order bars for a SG) . They would not pay for return shipping or to ship me the right bars. In the end I paid for the shipping. They new that they had me over a barrel. Bike sat for 3 weeks at least with no bars. Receive the right bars yesterday. I hope I really love these bars.:mad:
sounds like buyer beware for the famed Malo bars............ just sayin

·
Registered
25 Posts
Their customer service sucks ass. I had to return due to a defect in the chrome. no returned calls no updates. I ordered a set of assaults 10 inch and have been waiting 5 weeks so far. I do have a set of 14 inch rg assaults for sale but are for the cvo because of the 1.250 clamp size.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.