Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I retired after 30 years of service in a large municipal Police department in 2017. This 2017 RGS was my gift to myself. I have made a lot of changes to it from the seat, to floorboards, to windshield, sissy bar, etc. etc. etc. But now, I have a big time itch for a stage 2. I bought some Rinehart 4" slip-ons the day I bought the bike. They were installed before the sun set that day. Now, to complete a stage 1 I need an upgraded breather and a tuner. (I still have warranty--I have the warranted forever deal--so I probably need to stick to the HD products) I REEALLLYYY like the look of the HD SE Heavy Duty Breather but have a concern on it crowding my leg/foot near the brake pedal and floorboard. Does anyone have any real world experience on this? (I attached a pic of it here) I have seen a couple of posts elsewhere where people ditched theirs but no reasons as to why. I hate to assume as to why they did, as we all know how that usually works out. Anyways, after I get the stage 1 settled I will bite off the stage 2 Torque. Thanks for any discussion on this and I am glad to have found this forum, even if it was almost 5 years after my purchase.

Strick

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,224 Posts
Welcome from Florida. I also have a 17, I did stage 2 about a month after I bought it, definitely a noticeable difference. I’m out of warranty now and up to a 128. Can’t help you with the breather, I have the Ventilator.

·
Super Moderator
5,323 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the Retirement. I had a 2012 RG with a similar AC. The AC was little bigger then the one you’re looking at. I could just feel it on the inner part of my leg but it never bothered me. I rode the bike 80k with the same AC. I did have floorboard extensions which give you a little room.

Reactions: Strickdaddy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the Retirement. I had a 2012 RG with a similar AC. The AC was little bigger then the one you’re looking at. I could just feel it on the inner part of my leg but it never bothered me. I rode the bike 80k with the same AC. I did have floorboard extensions which give you a little room.
I have already added the floorboard extensions and was very happy with the extra room they provided. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from Florida. I also have a 17, I did stage 2 about a month after I bought it, definitely a noticeable difference. I’m out of warranty now and up to a 128. Can’t help you with the breather, I have the Ventilator.
Thanks. Stage 2 is the maximum I will go. Just can't see the Stage 3 or 4. Nice to know you are happy with the Stage 2.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Congrats on the retirement and Bike. I have the Harley TQ cam and screaming eagle tuner. Bike runs great and it is the cam the bike should have come with. Welcome from Wa state.

·
Super Moderator
11,452 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Congrats on The Glide and Retirement!
Also, thanks for Your 30 Years in Law Enforcement. Better to be retired then to be starting out nowadays.
Mike U.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Welcome to the forum, can not help on the breather as I have the HD ventilator. I have HD Stage 2 with the TQ cam with pro street tuner and very happy with it.

Also, I think the breather you are looking at, not sure, but there may be one for sale in the forums for sale section.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum, can not help on the breather as I have the HD ventilator. I have HD Stage 2 with the TQ cam with pro street tuner and very happy with it.

Also, I think the breather you are looking at, not sure, but there may be one for sale in the forums for sale section.
Thanks! I will check it out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Congrats on The Glide and Retirement!
Also, thanks for Your 30 Years in Law Enforcement. Better to be retired then to be starting out nowadays.
Mike U.
Ain't that the truth. If I was starting out today, I would do something else.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
If you want a worth while stage 2 then go with an aftermarket Cam. There will be a major difference over the SE stuff. The 107 with S&S465 or Woods 22X really wakes wakes up with the right exhaust.
You retired at a good time now sad time to be in LE.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pa. Thank you for the 30 years of service. With how the world us nowadays, you got out at the right time. (I guess that is bad for us!!!)

Nice bike and sorry, no clue on the a/c. Just get it, what the hell... it's only money.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts