Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Welcome from SW Florida

Reactions: Strickdaddy

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Welcome to the Tank from Texas and enjoy!

Reactions: Strickdaddy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome from Northern VA and congrats as a retired LEO with 30 years. Well done. I did an SE Stage II torque cam last year on my 2018 RGS and kept the wedge for the OEM look. I am more than happy with it. I have heard some riders feel cramped with the "heavy breather" while others don't. I guess it all depends on the mechanics of your body. I can't help you there but your bike looks great and will continue to do so with whatever breather you choose. Ride safe into retirement.

Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Welcome from Northern VA and congrats as a retired LEO with 30 years. Well done. I did an SE Stage II torque cam last year on my 2018 RGS and kept the wedge for the OEM look. I am more than happy with it. I have heard some riders feel cramped with the "heavy breather" while others don't. I guess it all depends on the mechanics of your body. I can't help you there but your bike looks great and will continue to do so with whatever breather you choose. Ride safe into retirement.

View attachment 435319
What did you do to retain your wedge? Didn't you have to change the internals to provide more airflow??? The more I have researched and heard from folks the more I think the heavy breather will cause me issues. 6'2. 265lbs. Size 13.5 boots. Just think I am gonna be kinda cramped.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Extend that brake pedal too. View attachment 435336
I actually have an extended pedal I plan on installing tomorrow. Was supposed to do it yesterday but got tied up on other stuff. I should of done it a LOOONNGGG time ago for sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Strickdaddy, I'm responding to your earlier post about retaining the "wedge." I did need to buy the SE High-Flow Air Cleaner Kit (Part Number: 29400246A), but you can keep the chrome outer cover. All you are removing from that is the plastic piece on the bottom. Easy DIY and I'm mechanically challenged. It has worked well for me. I find the look of the heavy breather "elite" or "extreme" kits a little too much for my taste. Hope that helps in your decision tree.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Strickdaddy, I'm responding to your earlier post about retaining the "wedge." I did need to buy the SE High-Flow Air Cleaner Kit (Part Number: 29400246A), but you can keep the chrome outer cover. All you are removing from that is the plastic piece on the bottom. Easy DIY and I'm mechanically challenged. It has worked well for me. I find the look of the heavy breather "elite" or "extreme" kits a little too much for my taste. Hope that helps in your decision tree.
How long after install before you added the tuner? I did order the High Flow wedge kit today. I know I can install but I don't want to mess up the warranty by not adding the tuner in time

·
Registered
38 Posts
I retired after 30 years of service in a large municipal Police department in 2017. This 2017 RGS was my gift to myself. I have made a lot of changes to it from the seat, to floorboards, to windshield, sissy bar, etc. etc. etc. But now, I have a big time itch for a stage 2. I bought some Rinehart 4" slip-ons the day I bought the bike. They were installed before the sun set that day. Now, to complete a stage 1 I need an upgraded breather and a tuner. (I still have warranty--I have the warranted forever deal--so I probably need to stick to the HD products) I REEALLLYYY like the look of the HD SE Heavy Duty Breather but have a concern on it crowding my leg/foot near the brake pedal and floorboard. Does anyone have any real world experience on this? (I attached a pic of it here) I have seen a couple of posts elsewhere where people ditched theirs but no reasons as to why. I hate to assume as to why they did, as we all know how that usually works out. Anyways, after I get the stage 1 settled I will bite off the stage 2 Torque. Thanks for any discussion on this and I am glad to have found this forum, even if it was almost 5 years after my purchase.

Strick
I have the heavy breather on my 19 with the stage 2 at first it seemed to crowd my leg space but once I got use to it no problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I purchased this bike in February 2018. I waited until Spring of 2019 to install Stage One. I was already out of warranty. I wanted to make sure I wasn't having any engine issues (Oil transfer, etc.) before I started any engine upgrades. I had Stage Two (SE torque cam) done in the Spring of 2020. I'm done with engine modifications, but that's just me. I do envy those Stage Four engines but do not feel the need for that much power and/or want to invest that much more money into the bike. There are a few more things I have planned for this Spring and then I "think" I am done. I'm just tweaking it now for a little more comfort. This picture was taken in September 2021.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gorgeous bike!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Thanks. I meant to reply to an earlier question from "Strickdaddy" but posted in the wrong place. I'm putting on a wrapped front fender this Spring and I'm done with cosmetics (Unless of course HD comes out with a new item I have to have). Ride safe.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts