Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,, everyone ,, just registered in here ,, been ridin last 22 yrs ,, i have a 74 shovel,, 97 dyna ,, and just got a 1999 road glide do those fairings ever spoil ya ,, im in Newfoundland ,, question for ya ,, lst night well out with the warden i had on the acces lights and they blew the 15 amp fuse in under the seat ,, is this a common thing that ppl encounter or what ,, it seems the more options the more problems ,, anything in particuar to check for Thanks Dave

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
welcome mate, don't think it's common but there are some people here who can answer it better than I. Hopefully they'll chime in.

Welcome to the darkside :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome ,, i just went and picked up another fuse to see if it was a bad fuse .... Not llikely it blew right away ,,,, all other lights work stereo everything what the hell did i get myself into :confused: before i start go into it any obvious places you check Thanks

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Accessory lights? Extra lights above and beyond the factory lights? If so, sounds like a grounding issue. Or the fuse can't handle the extra load from the lights. I'd say try a 20 amp fuse, but that may lead to melted wires if it is a ground issue.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yEah there fog lights i believe i dint realize they didnt come witout them ill give ya a pic later Thanks man il check for ground and burrs

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
+1 Ground issue. If they're add-on lights, can you just re-run the circuit using existing wiring? You'll likely uncover the problem if you do.

Welcome to the shark frenzy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts