Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Not sure I caught where you're from? Didn't sound like the States.
Lol, my accent is a dead giveaway but fortunately not a bad as the present secretary general of NATO... When I met with the USMC (they do regular winter training over here) I was told that I sounded like a Canadian. Well, we both live close to the Arctic and love bacon & beer so that explains a lot! :D

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy it and be safe out there.

·
Premium Member
2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO FLTRUSE
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Lol, my accent is a dead giveaway but fortunately not a bad as the present secretary general of NATO... When I met with the USMC (they do regular winter training over here) I was told that I sounded like a Canadian. Well, we both live close to the Arctic and love bacon & beer so that explains a lot! :D
My grandmother is from Rogaland County. My mom wants nothing more than to see it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
My grandmother is from Rogaland County. My mom wants nothing more than to see it.
Come visit when Kung Flu is gone.This is the Preachers rock in Rogaland County; featured in the movie Mission: Impossible – Fallout!

Reactions: Doc King

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Congrats on a sweet looking bike and welcome from SW Florida. Don't worry about keeping up with the group. Ride your own ride.

·
Registered
2010 - Road Glide Custom (Trike) & 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
5 Posts
Welcome to the Forum - Great looking Ride and she will do you well. Depending on where you live go find your local HD Dealership and they have a Riding Group - HOG that should ride several times a month. They might not be very long rides but they will get you out on the bike and meet other riders. From there you will be able to find other local groups to ride with. Keep the rubber on the road....

·
Registered
1 Posts
As the title says, total noob here. But, this noob is excited as hell to be joining the riding family! 47 year old married father of 4. I have a bunch of friends who ride, plus an older brother. I've never ridden a touring bike before. Had a Ninja 600R 30 years ago as an 18 year old. Road my brother's road king around the block a few times, that's it. So what do I do? I go out and buy one of the biggest bikes made from what I'm told. HA I really didn't mean to honestly. As the saying goes, here's what happened: Looking for a bike, budget around 7k, when a bike found me. Long story short, a 75 year old gentleman had bought this bike and rode it sparingly for a few years and then, as older men are want to do, he broke his hip in a fall. Never got back to the point of riding. Finally decided to sell his 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO (FLTRUSE) with 11,500 miles on it. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Here's the deal though, I'm taking it very seriously while also enjoying the new experience (and experiences to come) immensely. Took the safety course, watching tons of videos on slow speed riding, bought the ride like a pro series, getting in parking lots practicing starting, stopping, turning, with the wife on the back before even trying to ride with her. So yes, I know it wasn't the best route buying the biggest bike as my first bike, but I'm trying to do it right. I know squat about engines and stuff. Can't change the oil. But I'm a voracious reader. Last thing I want to do is go out and embarrass myself somewhere. I'm learning. I'm studying. I'm practicing. And I'm damn excited to be joining the riding family. So's the wife.

About me. Currently the head RN at a correctional facility in Texas. Former Fleet Marine Force US Navy Corpsman (that's a field medic with the Marines for those not in the know, and that's ok) Ooorah

About the bike. Please forgive if I use the wrong terminology.
2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO (FLTRUSE)
I had a quick connect put on the tour pack. Dropped over 2g's on Custom Dynamic lights in front and back. Added the sync thing where the saddle bag goes left to right when it's blinking (or vice versa). New michelin commander III's, drive belt, all new fluids, fuel pump, injectors, Klock werks 12" windshield, undercarriage light kit I control with app (don't hate, it looks cool as hell haha).
I blinked and am over 20g's in. This hobby is expensive. But I've never enjoyed spending money so much lol
Of course we didn't drop that to have a "garage queen" (i know i used that right) so we're definitely going to be putting some miles on her. We're good people and are looking to ride with the same. If any rides are put together, just know we're beginners, but not stupid and won't be doing anything stupid. Anyway, that's enough for now.

View attachment 426446 View attachment 426447 View attachment 426448 View attachment 426449
Welcome from then eastern shore of Maryland!

·
Registered
3 Posts
As the title says, total noob here. But, this noob is excited as hell to be joining the riding family! 47 year old married father of 4. I have a bunch of friends who ride, plus an older brother. I've never ridden a touring bike before. Had a Ninja 600R 30 years ago as an 18 year old. Road my brother's road king around the block a few times, that's it. So what do I do? I go out and buy one of the biggest bikes made from what I'm told. HA I really didn't mean to honestly. As the saying goes, here's what happened: Looking for a bike, budget around 7k, when a bike found me. Long story short, a 75 year old gentleman had bought this bike and rode it sparingly for a few years and then, as older men are want to do, he broke his hip in a fall. Never got back to the point of riding. Finally decided to sell his 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO (FLTRUSE) with 11,500 miles on it. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Here's the deal though, I'm taking it very seriously while also enjoying the new experience (and experiences to come) immensely. Took the safety course, watching tons of videos on slow speed riding, bought the ride like a pro series, getting in parking lots practicing starting, stopping, turning, with the wife on the back before even trying to ride with her. So yes, I know it wasn't the best route buying the biggest bike as my first bike, but I'm trying to do it right. I know squat about engines and stuff. Can't change the oil. But I'm a voracious reader. Last thing I want to do is go out and embarrass myself somewhere. I'm learning. I'm studying. I'm practicing. And I'm damn excited to be joining the riding family. So's the wife.

About me. Currently the head RN at a correctional facility in Texas. Former Fleet Marine Force US Navy Corpsman (that's a field medic with the Marines for those not in the know, and that's ok) Ooorah

I had a quick connect put on the tour pack. Dropped over 2g's on Custom Dynamic lights in front and back. Added the sync thing where the saddle bag goes left to right when it's blinking (or vice versa). New michelin commander III's, drive belt, all new fluids, fuel pump, injectors, Klock werks 12" windshield, undercarriage light kit I control with app (don't hate, it looks cool as hell haha).
I blinked and am over 20g's in. This hobby is expensive. But I've never enjoyed spending money so much lol
Of course we didn't drop that to have a "garage queen" (i know i used that right) so we're definitely going to be putting some miles on her. We're good people and are looking to ride with the same. If any rides are put together, just know we're beginners, but not stupid and won't be doing anything stupid. Anyway, that's enough for now.

View attachment 426446 View attachment 426447 View attachment 426448 View attachment 426449
Pretty bike - you won't regret getting a Road Glide - I have a 2020 RG Limited, my only think with it was it was top heavy but it rides like a dream.

Congratulations Pretty bike - you won't regrets getting a RG - a Cadillac on 2 wheels, I have a 2020 RG Limited love it. It is a bit top heavy with the tour pak on so please be careful when parked or baking up I laid mine down 2 times (no damage) just my pride and arms when it went down I mustered all the strength in laying it down gently - Now with my high bar installed it is a easy ride.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome, great looking RGU. YUP as soon as ya touch one, you can feel your hands releasing money. I bought a 2021 RGS and spent 6G on mods. Go figure. 🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO FLTRUSE
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Pretty bike - you won't regret getting a Road Glide - I have a 2020 RG Limited, my only think with it was it was top heavy but it rides like a dream.

Congratulations Pretty bike - you won't regrets getting a RG - a Cadillac on 2 wheels, I have a 2020 RG Limited love it. It is a bit top heavy with the tour pak on so please be careful when parked or baking up I laid mine down 2 times (no damage) just my pride and arms when it went down I mustered all the strength in laying it down gently - Now with my high bar installed it is a easy ride.
I've layed it down twice so far. Not a fan and trying hard not to do it again haha

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the CA Bay Area. Great looking ride!! Couple of tips I’ve picked up along the way, when turning slow, making u turns and the like, use the back brake only. Using the front brake kills Momentum at slow speeds and can make you get close to laying it down. Straight stops with both brakes are fine. If you dump it (hope you don’t) pick it up with your back against the bike rather than trying to use your arms. After you get it almost up roll towards the bars and make sure you don’t tip it the other way!!! Last thing is remember to make it your own. I bought my 2020 RG and had them swap the painted parts so that I could get the chromed parts rather than all black. Didn’t really matter cuz I put it on the jack and stripped it after riding it 200 miles. I’ll attach b4 and after pics. Put about 6k in parts but saved a lot doing most of the work in my garage. Enjoy the ride and Stay safe doing it!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,015 Posts
A penis machinist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GMG in another life for many years

welcome

JtB

41 - 55 of 55 Posts