Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Austin yesterday and rode 750 miles to a camp ground in Guadalupita NM. Slept late this am. About to ride Enchanted Circle, never done that before. God bless the United States. What a beautiful country.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I have done the Enchanted Circle on my road bike before. The race started in Red River down thru Questa- out to the Rio Grand Gorge bridge the into Taos. It is about a 17 mile climb from Toas to the pass then downhill to the Viet Nam Vets Memorial on the way to Eagle Nest Lake. From there it is a steep 5 mile climb up to Bobcat Pass(high point) then a downhill run back to Red River. The race winner finished in just over 4 hours. I took almost 7.5. Probably the hardest bike ride I have ever done! On the Road Glide it will be magnificant scenery so try to take some pics for us!

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
You are just in time for the IGNACIO BIKE WEEK. The bike rally started Thursday and goes on to Monday. There are biker events in Ignacio, CO Durango, CO Silverton, CO and Farmington, NM plus other locations around the Four Corners area. Plus you can ride on the million dollar hwy which is rated the #4 best road in the lower 48 by the MMA. I will be there this Sat & Sun. Enjoy your trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts