Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of a different, narrower transmission or primary cover on the 2015 Ultra Low ?

I heard it would fit the 2013 RGU 103 6-speed and offer more left leg room against the transmission for us shorter riders .

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
yes, the low profile cover. comes in chrome or black. it is about 1.5'' thinner than the standard cover. if you get one, two things you need to know.

first, you use the same amount of fluid. and second, you will need a new derby cover too as the standard derby covers do not fit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip on the derby cover. I had heard the fluids were the same which led me to asking why there was a narrower cover . Apparently fluid capacities are the same, and there are no heat concerns _'it's just narrower ...

Just another piece for us to swap out

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I received my "narrower primary cover" and its not really that much narrower !

the box has the proper 25700385 part number on it, the part in the box has 25700387 molded into it on inside .

The part is barely a 1/2 inch or 1cm narrow if am measuring it properly

going back to the dealer with it tomorrow to investigate - thats a lot $$ for a 1/2 "

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The narrow-profile outer primary cover is installed, it does make a difference

·
Registered
623 Posts
On my list of 'things to do' on my 2013 also.....whenever I stop I only put my left foot down and if the road is slanted a bit my leg is right up against the burning hot bike.....an extra inch or so would make a difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I received my "narrower primary cover" and its not really that much narrower !

the box has the proper 25700385 part number on it, the part in the box has 25700387 molded into it on inside .

The part is barely a 1/2 inch or 1cm narrow if am measuring it properly

going back to the dealer with it tomorrow to investigate - thats a lot $$ for a 1/2 "
That's a lot, but it's HARLEY.LOL

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
The narrow-profile outer primary cover is installed, it does make a difference
Does it come with the oil cone molded on it for the newer compensator ?

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Yeah the new "narrower" primary is what comes on the low models if I'm not mistaken, its whole purpose is just to provide better footing for the "shorter" rider.
All 16 tour bikes have the narrow cover now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Coming off a 2104 Ultra onto a 2016 Road Glide I can tell the difference with the narrower cover when I'm stopped at the lights.

The narrower one is a lot better if you are around 5'7" tall.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hayden M6 clearance?

Does anyone know if there are any clearance issues involved if you install the narrow primary cover and you already have a Hayden M6 already installed??

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I remember back in 11' RGU when I was getting the VPC it mentioned that if you had a narrower primary cover you need the extension ring in order to fit it. So I have to assume whatever this Hayden is if it sits in top of your clutches you will need the extension ring to give it the room. Hope that helps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts