Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14k on my stock 13fltrx. Noticed a rattling sound this am while the bike was warming up. Sounded like something was bouncing around inside the primary? Didn't really notice it once I got to work.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after the ride home from work today I listen to it in the garage and its still making this noise periodically. When I get down beside the primary and listen I can hear the chain inside spinning of course but every 15 or 20 seconds I hear what sounds like something in the primary bouncing around then it goes away for a little bit before coming back. The sound was more noticeable when the bike was cold this AM. Any ideas?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Take your primary off and inspect or trailer it to your local dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Any mods done ?

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Could be the chain tensioner, compensator or clutch pack. I'd suggest pulling it apart and inspect.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Could be the chain tensioner, compensator or clutch pack. I'd suggest pulling it apart and inspect.
You sure narrowed it down . :(

Reactions: cookie114 and RGKen

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a rattling noise at idle in neutral and with the clutch in and it turned out to be the SYN3 was too thin for the transmission. Drained it out and filled it with Bel Ray tranny lube and the noise was gone. Not sure if we're talking about the same noise but may be worth a shot!

·
Registered
491 Posts
My primary bearing started to make noise around 13,000 miles on my 13' RGU.

Reactions: cookie114

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Appreciate the suggestions guys! Probably need to get it looked at. Still have a few month's of ESP left!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I took her and left her at the local stealership today. The slapping sound is still there intermittently as well as the excessive vibration that I started getting when the slapping started. Hopefully they will hear and feel what im talking about (fingers crossed)!! I did give them go ahead to pull the primary cover and inspect if they didnt hear or feel the issue. Said they would probably get to it on Tuesday

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
Well, I took her and left her at the local stealership today. The slapping sound is still there intermittently as well as the excessive vibration that I started getting when the slapping started. Hopefully they will hear and feel what im talking about (fingers crossed)!! I did give them go ahead to pull the primary cover and inspect if they didnt hear or feel the issue. Said they would probably get to it on Tuesday
Hey Cookie,
Have you gotten your glide back yet?
Was wondering what the outcome was.
Mike U.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
My 11 had an intermittent noise. Put in a new adjuster. Still had it. Put in a new inner bearing and a baker attitude adjuster no more noise.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Cookie,
Have you gotten your glide back yet?
Was wondering what the outcome was.
Mike U.
Embarrassing to say but it was only a really loose muffler clamp letting the muffler hit... never even checked that because it sounded like the primary without a doubt. Even had a couple other guys listen and they thought it was coming from primary.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts