Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I am on a road trip. I noticed a noise that seemed to be coming from the air cleaner, (which I know can just transmit noise).
Anyway the best way to describe it is like an compressor, or air pump. Definitely not a real metal sounding noise. Bike was a little low on oil, but not dry,right at the bottom line if ok.
I had the air cleaner off and fired it up, with now change.
It's running fine plenty if power going over the pass. Just seemed odd, I hadn't noticed it before, but tonight I heard an unrelated noise Around the faring. Too close to SWIII for this kinda shit.

Rowdy

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
845 Posts
Was it like a loud sucking noise? Sometimes the air cleaner element will get a little clogged up in different spots. Depending on where, it can transit a higher pitched or lower pitched noise. Usually happens when getting on the throttle. Did u buy chance remember what u where doing at the moment it happened? Where u on an onramp getting up to speed or coming from a dead stop accelerating?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Silly question: Nothing else changed on your bike, right? How about your helmet if you wear one? Same one? I know a guy that has his music cranking before he fires the bike up, and when the bike gets turned off, the tunes are still playing. If he ever did that out of sequence, I'll bet he'd hear all kinds of sounds coming from his scoot.

·
Registered
472 Posts
And I am on a road trip. I noticed a noise that seemed to be coming from the air cleaner, (which I know can just transmit noise).
Anyway the best way to describe it is like an compressor, or air pump. Definitely not a real metal sounding noise. Bike was a little low on oil, but not dry,right at the bottom line if ok.
I had the air cleaner off and fired it up, with now change.
It's running fine plenty if power going over the pass. Just seemed odd, I hadn't noticed it before, but tonight I heard an unrelated noise Around the faring. Too close to SWIII for this kinda shit.

Rowdy

Well, to me it sounds like the air pump that propels the bike.:D:eek: LMAO I have an open air element on my bike and I can hear the carb just sucking in the air. That is all that you are hearing I am sure. If the bike is running well, then don't worry about. Grab a fist full of throttle and ignor it. :D

W

·
0 Posts
There is a vacuum plug/cap on a nipple on top of the intake that has been known to pop off and make a sucking/whistling noise.
You just had to do it, didn't you? You put nipple, suck and whistle all in the same sentence. :eek:

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks fellas appreciate the feedback. As always on this forum, great bunch if folks. Some offer help, and some offer humor, some offer both.

Peace out, time to saddle up.

Rowdy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts