Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just wanted to share my latest project. The 2001 Screamin Eagle was in dire need of new paint. This bike was imported from the Sunshine State and was really showing it. Not to mention the dangs and scrathces to add insult to injury.
I was adamant to keep the SERG as original as possible paint-wise. But the SE decals are hard to come by and the MOCO asking price was a joke. The same goes for the CVO bar & shield on front of the fairing.
I was lucky to find a good paint tech that has been in the business for ages – Mr. Arvid Kristiansen who runs the AK Vehicle Paint Tech. He is a professional who is meticulous in his work and very nice guy to work with. He usually works on old vintage US cars and the occassional HD!
He managed to keep the SE-decals as well as reproducing the bar & shield logo by hand!

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
Looks great. My 06 could use some TLC as well.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks awesome, did you get the whole bike re-done?
I'm getting there piece-meal :D I have a strict budget since the missus wanted a new house (sounds familiar, anyone??)

Here are the lower fairings after a complete make-over. These lowers looks brand spanking new! :)

I also gave the glove boxes a much needed attention. They were dirty, discolored and smelled of mold... I gave them a thorough rinse with some saddle-soap. Then I had them polished with some black shoe polish that we use in the army. They know look (and smell) much better! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wow, that looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you, gentlemen. Like the old saying: Rome was not built in a day, so my SERG will get there eventually with a new full coat of paint! :)
@ thealien – that's the Sinister Blue Pearl, and if I remember correct it was introduced by H-D in 1998!

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts