Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the new 1¼" Paughco P/N 1205007 ($98.95) for my 2010.

Height = 11"
Center Width = 11½"
Overall Width = 31½"
Pull-Back = 8"

Anyone tried these (or the black version, P/N 1205007B) yet? How about opinions regarding cable lengths OK as-is (stock) or would some extensions probably be needed?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think I'll take the plunge for these 11 inch black apes on my 09...can't wait to get them!

I will surely let everyone know how he install went and if I needed anything!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Changed my mind!!

I'm gonna get a set of these now:

anyone else seen these on a RG yet? I think they will be PERFECT!:D

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Thats funny I posted a thread on these bars just a little bit ago.
They are awesome. because they are so new,No RoadGlides have seen these yet.
I emailed Chubys and one of the guys posted a pic for me, but they were on his bobber, so no way to tell. I think they would look great.
You should do it.
Ive decided, because I am only 5'6" that these bars just dont have enough pullback for me.
But I think i have found an ape that will work for me from Santees.
I have been sitting on some street glides with apes, and decided I think i can still reach the 14" as long as they have a lot of pullback.
Good luck and post pictures if ya get em.
(others on here thought they were too narrow, but thats what I liked about 'em.)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thats funny I posted a thread on these bars just a little bit ago.
They are awesome. because they are so new,No RoadGlides have seen these yet.
I emailed Chubys and one of the guys posted a pic for me, but they were on his bobber, so no way to tell. I think they would look great.
You should do it.
Ive decided, because I am only 5'6" that these bars just dont have enough pullback for me.
But I think i have found an ape that will work for me from Santees.
I have been sitting on some street glides with apes, and decided I think i can still reach the 14" as long as they have a lot of pullback.
Good luck and post pictures if ya get em.
(others on here thought they were too narrow, but thats what I liked about 'em.)
Thanks for the insight. With the stock bars, I'm having to slouch down and if I roll the bars FWD any more, I'll end up with only the heels of my hands on the bars (grip ends are pulled too far to the rear already - want less angle on my wrists - need closer to straight across and horizontal).

I'm 6'2" w/34" inseam and want to simply stretch my arms out FWD some (a bit higher for sure, NOT lower) and prefer a narrow spread too.

I also hope to end up having the rising sections of the bars aligned with the fork angle (straight line upward through the steering head)... as close as possible anyway given windshield/mirror clearance, etc. Sounds like these might be close to right for me.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Seeing that you are soo tall, and from what I heard from Chubbys is that the reduced Pullback on these bars compared to stock is because of the more comfortable wrist angle. So I think these will work great for you.
I would go with the 14s if I were as tall as you on these bars. I think i am gonna go with a different 14" bar as they seem confortable to me, but with an additional 6 " of pullback so I dont have to lean forward to reach them.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Seeing that you are soo tall, and from what I heard from Chubbys is that the reduced Pullback on these bars compared to stock is because of the more comfortable wrist angle. So I think these will work great for you.
I would go with the 14s if I were as tall as you on these bars. I think i am gonna go with a different 14" bar as they seem confortable to me, but with an additional 6 " of pullback so I dont have to lean forward to reach them.
Yep. With the stockers rolled to the best available angle, I'm still having to lean FWD and down some plus my wrists are being tilted inward some = ouch after a while. I need just a little more rise with a little less pullback and these sound pretty damn close and, if I happen to need more rise, they do come higher in 2" increments too. Besides, the price sure is good.

I guess it's time to ride up to their Destination Daytona store and check 'em out.

ETA - J&P carries them.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will Peewee. Probably won't be until the weekend but whatever I end up with eventually, I'll post and will try to do pics too (if I can figure out how). My cell takes 'em but my kid will have to figure out how to get them into my PC :eek:).

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
SWEETT!!! I'm curious about the pullback, worse comes to worse, PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address. Good luck with them!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
From what I have seen, apes generally don't have a lot of pull back. The apes I bought and returned were very similar to these (only 7" of pull back,) and when I "sized them up" on my bike, they didn't "feel right." Plus, they obstructed the view of the gauges. YMMV.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts