Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
nice find. I just got my PV the other day and haven't figured out what to start with there were too many options. This looks like a good feature to start with though

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
The gauges are why I mounted my PV. I change them from time to time. I moved my 660 up on top of the dash to make room. The GPS is actually readable in all conditions up there. I need to change the angle of the PV so it more directly faces me on the Iron Aces mount.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The gauges are why I mounted my PV. I change them from time to time. I moved my 660 up on top of the dash to make room. The GPS is actually readable in all conditions up there. I need to change the angle of the PV so it more directly faces me on the Iron Aces mount.

Can you show us how you mounted the GPS? I like that set up!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
If you use the gauges, you can also create a gauge "cluster" for items you'd like to analyze/correlate together , hit Start Logging, it will create a log file and Stop logging when you're done. Download the log using WinPV, in that log file the first columns you see on the left will be the "cluster" of parameters you were monitoring live. Which makes them easier to compare and understand how they corrolate to each other.

Example, I have a 6 gauge cluster which shows Map, rpm VE front and rear targets and VE front and rear New. It allows me to see how much adaptive activity is going on so I get a feel for how close or far off the tune is. Those 6 will be lined up and easy to look at in a spreadsheet later on.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Can you show us how you mounted the GPS? I like that set up!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Short Ram mount with 2 square GPS mounting plates, bolted through the dash. I used an aluminum plate under the dash for stiffness. Cut a small notch where the inner and outer fairings meet under the windshield to run the cable.

I can read the GPS no matter where the sun is. If you notice, the GPS is angled slightly down. This eliminates glare pretty much completely. I need to angle the PV down a little. It's sometimes hard to see. Just haven't figured out a clean way to do that yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts