Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The aux went out on my stock radio and need a new one. I have a RF amp I have two sets of 6.5 RF speakers one set has built in cross overs for tweeters already and just want something for IPod /IPhone 5 and Pandora and that works with stock controls. I was thinking about Kenwood KDC-X998 and an install kit from Hawg Wired. Please help with any recommendations on what to buy and where. This is on a 2011 FLTRX

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The aux went out on my stock radio and need a new one. I have a RF amp I have two sets of 6.5 RF speakers one set has built in cross overs for tweeters already and just want something for IPod /IPhone 5 and Pandora and that works with stock controls. I was thinking about Kenwood KDC-X998 and an install kit from Hawg Wired. Please help with any recommendations on what to buy and where. This is on a 2011 FLTRX
I just recently went with the Alpine CDE148BT with the Hawg Wired Controller Install kit. I ran the USB to my glove box for charging my iPhone and playing USB stick. Radio has Pandora and blue tooth. So far very pleased with the set up, also have Arc Audio amp and Focal speakers. Only neg is it's hard to read or nearly impossible to read the radio face during day light.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I just recently went with the Alpine CDE148BT with the Hawg Wired Controller Install kit. I ran the USB to my glove box for charging my iPhone and playing USB stick. Radio has Pandora and blue tooth. So far very pleased with the set up, also have Arc Audio amp and Focal speakers. Only neg is it's hard to read or nearly impossible to read the radio face during day light.
The next Alpine unit up (149BT) has an LED display that everyone says is waaaaay brighter and able to be seen in full sun.
I'm about to trade up to the 149BT since I can't see anything on my old Sony in the daylight.
You could do a search here and get some more feedback on this unit.

~ LD

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I just bought this same radio to replace the HK unit in mine. I don't know much about audio, but I quickly installed it into my truck and it's a nice unit. I'm going with the same install kit as you (Hawg Wired) and I'm gonna use the v-twin audio splash shield. I still haven't decided on speakers/amp yet, and thought about the Focal speakers but damn they're expensive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the kenwood how should I wire it in to the amp RCA or the original way i had the stock radio two channel?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I went with Pioneer, Only because I have one of there Head units in my Expedition for over 7 yrs now- And still going strong.. They make a good Product and it doesn't cost a fortune,,,,Simple as that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the new Kenwood installed the sound is way better than stock the display is hard to see 50% of the time I have to keep the radio turned up all the way on the interstate to here it so may need to adjust the amp. I have the amp set at all pass may need to switch to high pass and adjust it again

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have this same HU and it's been good to me so far. You can't see it in the sun worth a Sh*t though. I used the V-Twin Audio rain guard and it has worked flawlessly...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts