Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the new CVO handlebars will mount on a 2011 Ultra? I noticed several CVO's at Sturgis this year and loved them, plus I had my seat reworked and moving me farther back in the saddle. If it works, will new cabling/etc be required? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Marc

· Premium Member
6,370 Posts
I don't know about the new ones, but I do know that the handlebars on my 2013 cvo will not work on your bike. at least not without new risers also. on my bike, the handlebars are not stepped in the middle, so they are 1-1/4'' all the way through (except for the controls).

send jon at hornytoad an email and ask him. he might know, plus he could give you a price quote at the same time. though be prepared for sticker shock, the bars/risers for my bike are over $450 (handlebar, risers, top clamp).....

· Registered
1,344 Posts
Yeah... there is no neck-down for triple clamps on my 15 RGS... as stated above, they are 1.25" throughout. The only way to make them work would be to change your riser to accept the full 1.25" bar.

· Registered
861 Posts
Switches and controls won't work either. New bikes use a can bus network (multiple signals on one wire) to communicate with a control module to operate functions. Your bike has a wire or two from each switch going to each function. Too many good aftermarket bars available to hassle with trying to get the new CVO bars to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.