Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2021 roadglide special
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That D&D is going to go real nice that cam you don't know you're buying yet 😁

Welcome from ma!
haha I’ve been looking at videos D&D and cam lol sounds great but I’m debating if 2 to 1 or 2 to 2

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome! How do you like the Thrashin floor boards? Looking at getting a set myself.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Congrats on the new ride welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Just ordered my D&D 2 to 1 !!
Good choice. I had considered my go to Pro Pipe but my tuner suggested the D&D 2-1. You just dont see many running them in So Cal so I was hesitant. I'm very happy after researching and recommendations from the Forum that i decided on the D&D.

Reactions: madmat and Korazu

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good choice. I had considered my go to Pro Pipe but my tuner suggested the D&D 2-1. You just dont see many running them in So Cal so I was hesitant. I'm very happy after researching and recommendations from the Forum that i decided on the D&D.
I had a pro pipe on my '14 SGS that I had and loved it, but my tuner recently told me about the D&D 2-1 pipe and that it was the best for performance and I was thinking about putting it on the '16 CVO RGU until I traded it in. I may put it on the '21 RGS I just purchased last weekend but not sure what type of tuning can be done or needed without voiding the warranty and with Harley not having a tuner out yet.. smdh

·
Registered
2020 FLTRK
33 Posts
D&D is a great pipe. I did the Fat Cat 2:1 on my 15 RGS and the Billet Cat on my '19 RGS. (neither bike I own now) I've ridden the Bob Cat, sounds great. Looks?? it may grow on me. I'm running the S&S SideWinder 2;1. lower price range, tuners really like it. Sounds not too loud but loud enough. I left the full baffle in.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
@Korazu .. you’ll void the power train warranty when you install the D&D.

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
73 Posts
@Korazu .. you’ll void the power train warranty when you install the D&D.
How so? I thought the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act protected us from that? I mean I understand that the tuning would void the warranty unless done at harley. Enlighten me if I am incorrect. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
How so? I thought the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act protected us from that? I mean I understand that the tuning would void the warranty unless done at harley. Enlighten me if I am incorrect. Thanks.
The stock header has a catalytic converter. You’ll be deleting it with the D&D.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The stock header has a catalytic converter. You’ll be deleting it with the D&D.
Interesting... I was at my dealership this afternoon picking up new grips for the new bars and asked about that. I was told I could put a D&D 2-1 pipe in, just as long as I used the HD EPA tuners. If I did the tuning with a DynoJet/PowerCommander, then I'd void the warranty. But of course with the changes in '21 bikes for tuning, they don't have the tuners out so I am still SOL until they do. I guess YMMV and what the dealers will do for you.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Interesting... I was at my dealership this afternoon picking up new grips for the new bars and asked about that. I was told I could put a D&D 2-1 pipe in, just as long as I used the HD EPA tuners. If I did the tuning with a DynoJet/PowerCommander, then I'd void the warranty. But of course with the changes in '21 bikes for tuning, they don't have the tuners out so I am still SOL until they do. I guess YMMV and what the dealers will do for you.
That’s great news Korazu. It’s nice to have a Dealer that you can work with. There are many that you can build a relationship with and get better results then others. I could be wrong but not all Dealers will give you the same support. Meaning if you’re traveling and need Service say out of State you might not get the same coverage.

Reactions: madmat and Korazu

·
Registered
73 Posts
That’s great news Korazu. It’s nice to have a Dealer that you can work with. There are many that you can build a relationship with and get better results then others. I could be wrong but not all Dealers will give you the same support. Meaning if you’re traveling and need Service say out of State you might not get the same coverage.
Well that may be true, but still have to wait for Harley's tuner as I am sure it'll run way to lean putting them on. So I will just dream for now. lol

Reactions: mjsdouble

·
Registered
2021 roadglide special
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Well that may be true, but still have to wait for Harley's tuner as I am sure it'll run way to lean putting them on. So I will just dream for now. lol
to my understanding the tuner for the 21 RGS is already out, the SE pro street tuner, we just don’t have access to the auto tuner yet. There’s a couple people on YouTube that have tuned the 21’s already. But I could be wrong

·
Registered
'21 ICON #411, '21 ICON #908, '21 RGS, '20 Deluxe, '17 Deluxe, '14 CVO Deluxe. '68 Aermacchi SS350
71 Posts
Welcome to the Sharks!

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
Welcome to the 🦈 tank

21 - 40 of 44 Posts