Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
2020 Road Glide Limited Silver Pine/Spruce
Oh I understand what the MoCo says...but it's the easy way out instead of addressing the issue & fixing it properly. My previous 103 TC didn't "consume" an ounce between changes.

Registered
Oh I understand what the MoCo says...but it's the easy way out instead of addressing the issue & fixing it properly. My previous 103 TC didn't "consume" an ounce between changes.
I have a 2019 BMW X6. They have a very similar bulletin. Most manufacturers do.

Registered
The TC 103 bike I got rid of to get the bike I have know burned oil from the day I got it till the day I traded it in. I had to put oil in that bike EVERY time between oil changes, and I mean every time. I still have my TC 96 and it burns no oil. My M8 has been fine , but I鈥檝e done 2 1K in the last two months with the last one being last Friday. Had to put a 1/2 quart in yesterday. Some times it is what it is.

Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate.
I wish folks would come to the realization, the oil being burned has absolutely nothing to do with it being a synthetic or regular oil. With regards to a motorcycle, synthetic is actually better in the one area of breakdown, particularly from heat. Outside that, if your using oil, its not because of the type as in synthetic or regular. Any wonder there's a million FN questions about oil...

Registered
I鈥榲e heard much talk about oil consumption on the M8鈥檚 across different forums. One poster stated there was a document from the MOCO indicating 1 quart of oil every 1500 miles is allowable/acceptable.
I would die if I had to add a quart every 1500 miles. It鈥檚 almost like these manf. come up with crazy numbers for oil consumption so they don鈥檛 have warranty claims. Blowing a quart every 1500 miles has to be bad on environmental standards!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts