Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself from MN. I am picking up a 2015 RGS in Superior Blue this Saturday. I have been waiting a few days, ever so patiently for the Tour Pak and lowers to come in.

I was impatient and decided not to wait to see what 2016 had in store. I got a couple grand off MSRP and figured that was good enough for me.

I still have my 2003 RKC in silver/black that I adore, but the thing is becoming an electrical gremlin and I can no longer trust it for the type of higher mileage riding that I like to do.

Anyway, I look forward to Shark Nation!

Next mods I'd like to do are upgraded speakers, probably just the fairing. Suggestion?

· Registered
8,503 Posts
Welcome to the forum

· Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome from Fort Mill, SC.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone for the introductions. Picked the pick up finally from dealership last night. Had a 90 mile ride home. Got 10 miles down the road and caught in a line of nasty storms. Thought I could get by them and then bam! They sky opened up on top of me :/ Was all good. GF was with. Stored bike a a friends place, grabbed a burger and 2 hours later, I was on my way home. Rode home in the dusk/dark.

Really, really like this bike. I added lowers, king pak, sundowner seat and just street cannon slip-ons. A few other small add ons too.

A few observations:

I am really pleased with the performance of the rushmore 103. I have a 107" all bore in my 03 RK. While it doesn't compare, it ain't bad. I think I will be able to let myself enjoy the 2 year warranty before messing around with the motor.....I think ;)

The 12" premium shocks are better than expected. I have 13" ohlins on my RK. While these are not as good, they are WAY better than the old airshocks from when I first had my RK. Granted, I had a pretty simple, straight 90 mile ride home, but I am pleased. I may pick up 13" Premiums at some point if I find a pair used on ebay, etc.

I don't care for the heat of the motor. It's not horrible, but I can just smell the lean-ness of the MoCo flash. I would love to put headers on, but I think I don't want to chance warranty issues with headers and a tuner. Again, I will try to wait 2 years. The bike just smells like a turd. No popping on decel tho, so happy with that.

I need a new windshield. Looking at a bunch online this morning. I want something that will provide some protection and let me hear the radio. I am sure I will end up upgrading stereo at some point. Prob amp and the 2 speakers first. Then, possibly put in lower fairing speakers.

So, first things first.......Who has windshield suggestions and/or pics? I have looked at some manufacturers websites, but would love to see some on members bikes. I'm 5-11. I will likely also be getting a backrest too. Adjustable or the regular?

· Registered
137 Posts
I added the klockwerks sport flare 14 inch. I am 6 even. Absolutely love it. Big improvement in wind suppression and audio. I would also recommend HD's wind baffles they are $39.99. I thought they were silly, but now I can ride with regular glasses.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I added the klockwerks sport flare 14 inch. I am 6 even. Absolutely love it. Big improvement in wind suppression and audio. I would also recommend HD's wind baffles they are $39.99. I thought they were silly, but now I can ride with regular glasses.
I bought vented lowers, so I have really no issues with the wind thus far. I was able to get out for a 350 mile ride yesterday. Loved how it handled and rode, even with the crappy stock shield.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.