Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the new RF T400x4ad amp.

Does any one have any ideas on mounting the amp... The mounting plates I've seen only fit the punch amps...

Any advise would be appreciated... Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
if using a stock fairing we mounted them along the side near the glove box. They will slide right in the spot. Or you can mount them on the side of the radio tray. Hope this helps

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just picked up the new RF T400x4ad amp.

Does any one have any ideas on mounting the amp... The mounting plates I've seen only fit the punch amps...

Any advise would be appreciated... Thanks
I've got one that I am in the process of installing. I have a '15 RGS though and had to make a mounting plate to fit it under the stock HU.

Could you use one of the mounting plates for a Punch and just drill holes to make it work with your T400?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got one that I am in the process of installing. I have a '15 RGS though and had to make a mounting plate to fit it under the stock HU.

Could you use one of the mounting plates for a Punch and just drill holes to make it work with your T400?

I was thinking about it, but the t400 is longer then the punch, even if I could alter the punch amp mount I'm concerned with it clearing the outer fairing... I was thinking of getting a J&M amp mount and modifying that for the t400

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was thinking about it, but the t400 is longer then the punch, even if I could alter the punch amp mount I'm concerned with it clearing the outer fairing... I was thinking of getting a J&M amp mount and modifying that for the t400
Mine is actually the T400X2ad but I believe it's the same same size as the X4. The only place that you can mount an amp inside the fairing on a '15 is under the HU.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is actually the T400X2ad but I believe it's the same same size as the X4. The only place that you can mount an amp inside the fairing on a '15 is under the HU.

I guess I should have mentioned I'm mounting the amp in a 2012...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bumping for tech info an mounting plate (Hdonut working one?) - thinking to go on 2013 RGC with Biketronics 7.1 or hertz/focal with T400Xad (2 channel)

·
Registered
34 Posts
T400x4ad mount for 2015 RGS

Has anyone figured out how to mount this amp yet? I'm very interested in this amp but not if I have to mount in the saddlebag. There are other options I'm considering like the Biketronics 2 or 4 chnl amp. The J&M amp looks ok for 2ohm but looks like John is a bit too proud of his products and is charging a pretty penny. $900 for a 500 watt amp (2 ohm) is crazy. If this amp is built on the Arc 125.4 then that's only a 75 watt amp at 4 ohm. May be a great amp but just don't see it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am really impressed with the Biketeonics it seriously rocks and is super clear and clean. I have 4180 with pro 7.1 and it jams. 2 channel with the pros is louder than most systems I've heard. Easy mount with their bracket and lifetime warranty. Great company. Discount for forum members also. Give them a call and buy it. You will thank me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Found it!!!

So if you are still searching for a way to mount the RF T4000X4AD the your search is over. I contacted a rep at Paul Yaffe Bagger Nation and they said they have a mount for this amp for the 15 RG(S). I made sure I asked multiple times to verify that it's for a 15...and not for the PBR amp. I have the model number in my truck so that's why I'm not posting it now. The guy I spoke with said the mount is $35. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just made my on plate using sheet metal from Home Depot and bent and cut it until it was how I needed it to be, however I'm doing this on a 2013 model and I have it mounted using the inner fairing mounting bolts. Has done well thus far and was not expensive or time consuming to do.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
576 Posts
I just installed my TM400X4AD amp the other day and I did the same thing as Trvlngman357. I bought sheet metal and made a mounting plate that mounted to the fairing mounting bolts.
I put this amp in replacement of one of my RF PBR 300x2 amps since I'm adding lower fairing speakers. I wanted a 4 channel amp for the fairing and lowers. The amp sounds great and I'm hoping it will run cooler since it has fans. Setting the amps input level and output gains was simple following RF's CLEAN system. You will like this amp....

Reactions: dozer23
1 - 14 of 14 Posts