Road Glide banner

New rubber on its way

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  100edition 
#1 ·
I wish I had more options, but have heard great feedback from a lot of different custom bike companies and wheel companies on the Avon Cobra AV71/72 tires. I have an 18" rim on the back, so I have only a few choices as Michelin and Metzler 888 don't offer an 18" x 180 tire. So it was either Avon, Metzler 880, or the stock tires which I don't like at all.

So Avon it is. Looking forward to a more aggressive look, and hopefully a better ride and a little better cornering ability. And really hoping they don't cup after 8k miles. Even if they only last 10-12k I will be good with that as long as they are consistent for the duration, unlike Dunlops.

Keep'n the new rubber side down>:)

#2 ·
You mean 18 inch on the front? my 2011 fltrx does not have a 18 inch on the rear, do you have custom wheels? I recently installed Dunlop American Elite tires , great reviews and awesome price online, let me know how you like the avons.:confused:

#4 ·
Yes, I have the HD Edge Cut wheels which are 18" both front and back. I wish they had a 19" for the front, but they don't.

I have seen the Pirelli's tires, just didn't know how good they were since they are relatively new to the market for cruiser/touring tires. I will keep those in mind if I don't like the Avon's.

Thanks.

#6 ·
Update on Avon's

Well I got my bike back on Wednesday this week, and have put about 200 miles on it. I really like these tires. They feel more stable in the corners, and more confidence inspiring with the improved grip level. I really like the handle and ride of these tires vs. the Dunlops. Now we will see how long they last, and if they stay true or will cup, etc. towards the end.

So far so good, two thumbs up for Avon Cobra's:grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.