Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I bought a new 2015 Road Glide Special (Amber Whiskey), and just had enough time to break it in before heading to Sturgis this year. The Road Glide is my third new Harley-Davidson motorcycle. I really love this new bike. In my garage I presently have the new Road Glide, a 2001 Indian Spirit, and a 1999 Dyna Wide Glide. The Wide Glide is my "hot rod", and has been modified to the point that I call it my "Hardly", because the sheet metal is about the only thing left Harley-Davidson. I still have the original motor, but a S&S 124" (TC124) presently is the installed mill, along with a Baker six speed transmission.

I found this forum by Googling "Road Glide", and am intending to spend some hours on this forum to learn about my new ride, and to find out what others are experiencing with their Glides.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome from Fort Mill, SC and congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I noticed that I neglected to say that I am from Redmond, WA, (home of Microsoft), just across the lake from Seattle.

Sturgis has really changed over the years, and it is sad to see. Way less biker culture and more price gouging. Way to many people this time (over 1,000,000) and hard to get around through crowds to see the sights. They now charge $20 just to get into the Full Throttle Saloon.
However, we did have a great time. We camped at the Rush No More campground, about 4 miles east of Syurgis, off I90. We had Canadians on one side of us, and Australians on the other. We shared food drink and stories and became friends. We rode together on Wednesday to Hewlett, Wy (by Devils Tower) for a free pig roast at what used to be called "No Panties Wednesday. You really never had to worry if you like wearing shorts because they never seem to really check.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Welcome from MA How was Sturgis?
Welcome Hardly !

Sorry to hi-jack: Bob R, how about an up-date on Waterfront Mary's !

As a first timer, and probably last timer to Strugis, I had a blast. Some comments over on the Sturgis thread.

But, I will add a few here about Full Throttle. First, in free on Thursday at 2pm. Different bars charged different prices - might have been bartenders ripping some of us off (crew of 16). While we all have to go there, due to TV show, the place is a chit hole.
Most of furniture stolen from curb side trash pick-up. Did meet the head of Security, as nice as he appears on TV.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.