Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find any info on this at least while searching on tapatalk.

Has anyone accomplished this and what is involved?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did it. You have to elongate the hole on the front mounting bracket about 1/4". Very easy to do. I used a dremel tool.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I did it. You have to elongate the hole on the front mounting bracket about 1/4". Very easy to do. I used a dremel tool.
and that is a definite maybe. some folks have been able to accomplish this swap without having to modify the front bracket at all.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Supposedly there is a kit from Harley for $60 that makes it a 10 minute job. Was told this at Bike Week this year. Sorry, don't have any more info as I wasn't interested in doing it. Was just part of the group that was told when one of our guys asked.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
again, don't waste your money. it isn't necessary. at most, you might have to elongate one drilled hole in the forward saddlebag mount. it's possible, all you'll have to do is to loosen it and adjust it so that it lines up with the front mount point.

I can't imagine what they would give you for $60, UNLESS someone was thinking of retrofitting the actual saddlebag mounts to go from the dzus pins to the screw on type that is found on the 2017s. which you can buy from pcpain for around $35. I have that on my 2013. I like it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have new 17 bags on my 2012 RG, and all I did was loosen the bracket put the bag on and tighten with a wrench. Look great and fit great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is just what I was looking for, thanks.

Thought I would kick it back to the top so others might see it easier.

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts