Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 08 developed some clunks on starting, ticking down in the case, the black VH propipe it came with has become impossible to make presentable, I needed to fab a mount for a tour pack to the quick release hardware, get a tour pack as the chinese one a guy gave me was just too junky, get it shot or get the bike painted, etc. Figured to get the motor freshened while I did but I saw what I thought was a really good price on an 11 CVO. Dealer was cool, rode it for a day and found it to run really well, only have 11K on the clock, and the 110 SE definitely outperformed my 96 inch. Bike was perfect, even had the air cleaner sock with it, only thing missing is the bar and shield ipod. The stereo is much better than mine, even with the amp and speakers I put in, I can hear this one at speed on the highway. Really nothing needed other than I have ridden apes for so long I really feel uncomfortable with the stock bars.

After a day of negotiating and a walk away and call back I got what I consider a strong deal, the stealer is putting on apes with braided lines so it will be done correctly, and I picked up a three year warranty for peace of mind for a reasonable price.

Heated grips, heated seats, freaking power locks and windows, LOL, this thing is crazy and something I never would have seen myself riding a few days ago, but what the hell? I might as well be a RUB for a while. Hope people don't think I'm "that guy".>:)

So Betty Lou is the new scoot, and she'll get ridden a lot this summer if the damn rain ever stops here in Chicago.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I like the color a lot too. Looks very nice in the sun and the marbled paint highlight strip is subtle but very cool. Just need to figure spots for some skulls and guns and nekkid ladies.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,819 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot. Another one falls to the dreaded CVO disease!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Beautiful bike , I like the color

1 - 20 of 25 Posts