Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Road Glide special with stock seat. I'm looking for suggestions that will raise my lady up a few inches on the back seat to help straighten her legs out.
She is 5'11" and even after lowering her foot boards to the bottom hole, it's still not low enough. Before I look for brackets to lower them more, I'd like to see if I can find a seat since I want to replace the stock seat anyway.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I picked up the Harley Sundowner seat the first week I had my 21 Road Glide. My wife is very comfortable in back, and I can ride all day with no issues. Just did 2900 mile trip to TN from South Florida and back. No ass pain and the wife never complained once.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I suggest you first take her with you. Go to a dealer that has demo seats. Try every one of them. Then think about them. Even if they do not have what you want ,you will have more information to work with.

Any seat that works well for you and looks good on Road Glide special is not going to be the best for her. Just the way it is. For many it comes down to having two seats one when she is with one when not.
Road Glide special has no Tour pack to cover up the passenger part of the seat.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Like Smitty said, many Harley dealers carry demo seats for you to try. They even have "demo" printed on the cover material. My dealer would let me ride for a couple hours on each seat so I could find what I really wanted.

You didn't mention how tall you are, but the ultimate seat for her comfort would be the Zeppelin air adjustable seat if they still make it.

Consider the negatives about raising her up on the bike. She will get more wind and potential wind buffeting. You might have to buy a very tall windshield to help her out.

When my wife and I rode together on my Yamaha XS750 touring bike, back when we were dating, whenever I put my feet on the highway pegs her feet would be on my pegs.

Another thing to look at instead of raising her up, or in combination with raising her up, is to move the tour pack back a few inches and get the back of your OEM seat customized to give her more seating surface and fill in the newly created gap from moving the tour pack back.

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,134 Posts
Reactions: Ken D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mustang - I ride 500-800 miles in a day with absolutely NO problem. My wife loves that seat as well. When I bought the RG - I took the one I've logged 90k miles with my street glide to check it out and bought another for the road glide!

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
A bunch of good seats out there. Might take a look at Ultimate seats, I believe they still have a 14 day return policy.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Another vote for going to the dealer to demo seats. I switched this year on my Ultra from a Hammock to a Tallboy. I bought a demo seat from a closing dealer and had it recovered with an extra inch of padding in the back for my wife. She's not as tall as your wife but it works for her.

I've heard great things about mustang seats as well. Just have never demo'd one. Depending on your location and how quick you need to act, you might be able to hold off and get to a rally once they start up again and try different seats from all manufacturers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts