Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a very long wait I finally received my new seat.. and I see this tear in the leather...what to do..
I am not wanting to name the manufacturer as I believe that can make things worst.. I have contacted them and sent photos so I will wait and see . I bet I will just have grap both ankles... you know how the rest of the saying goes, as I have not intentions of sending it back without first receiving a replacement. I have no idea if this can be repaired, but if it can I would accept a repair at a local to me shop and send them the bill for the cost of the repair...

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Yikes!
I would have taken it back off the bike before sending them that pix. Lord knows what that company might try to pull on you.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone that may have been wandering the company who makes the seat has 100% stood by the product and is sending me out a new seat. They has also said to continue using the current seat until the new one arrives.
I never bad mouth or call out bad service as i don't really think it gets you anywhere but good service should be acknowledged and the company should be rewarded for the excellent customer service.

The back story is that I purchased this seat from an ebay seller who basically offered me $35 USD refund for the problem with the seat. The ebay seller had advertised the seat as in stock and this was hard to find so I purchased the seat from him and paid the money only to find that it was not in stock and it had to be made, he also told me that they have a very strong relationship with the seat manufacture so that is why I continued with purchase from him and not directly from the manufacture who is LePera.
After the ebay seller offered me the $35 refund I sent some images to LePera but honestly thought that I would have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anything resolved as I did not purchase directly from them..but it certainly looks like a manufacturing issue and the question lies on who checks what and when, and was the seat directly shipped to me from LePera or to the Ebay Seller and then to me.
Either way LePera stepped up to the plate and have made me a new seat and its on it way to me.
I am no fool in knowing that this cost small business money and with the shipping cost to Australia most likely all the profit from that seat .. I am incredibly thankful to LePera for doing this.
No-one wins in this situation except maybe the ebay seller.
So a big thanks goes out to LePera Seat and Dontay C who handled everything from the get go.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have a LePera. I’m not surprised at all they stepped up. When I bought mine they called me to check to see how I liked it. It wasn’t a third party conducting a satisfaction survey, that call came from LePera and was unsolicited. They told me if ever an issue with it to give them a call. They are underrated in my opinion. They make nice seat that are comfortable and put together well.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Great to hear a positive story!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Wow. That's impressive. I never thought for a second you would get that kind of result as you did not buy direct.

Did you get a Maverick? 35,000km on mine and it's still unbeatable to my mind.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. That's impressive. I never thought for a second you would get that kind of result as you did not buy direct.

Did you get a Maverick? 35,000km on mine and it's still unbeatable to my mind.
I did get the maverick.. not the DLL version and so far I have been more that happy with the comfort

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Makes me glad I went with Le Pera for our seat. Really impressed with how well built our seat is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts