Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the plunge last night, ordered some 5 1/4 infinity 5211i kappa series speakers, just looking for some clarity on the sound. Anyone have some input on these? Will I need a amp to really drive em or will the HK b enough? Not going to any competitions or anything just want something with more clarity!:cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Took the plunge last night, ordered some 5 1/4 infinity 5211i kappa series speakers, just looking for some clarity on the sound. Anyone have some input on these? Will I need a amp to really drive em or will the HK b enough? Not going to any competitions or anything just want something with more clarity!:cool:
Those are nice but you would be much happier getting a pair of 6.5 inch adapters and buying the infinity 62.11i speakers. more clarity, more volume at speed. You can buy a set of rings from Arc audio or Biketronics. These fit perfect.

You will need an amp the drive em . . . .The Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2 would be my choice. Had this set up and it rocks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already ordered so i guess i will try em then if not enough i will put em down low n put the 6.5 up top afterwards! Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do all the amps require taking off tank running power lead n ground all the way to battery? This is what has me not wanting to do amp. Looks a little more than I want to do right now bike is barely over a year old . And I refuse to take it to the Stealer!! I have pretty good mechanical skills I did my apes n internally wired em with no probs. but just don't want to dig to deep n have something go wrong n they not want to do something on my warranty. All I want is not so much distortion at upper levels of volume.:confused:

·
Registered
855 Posts
OMG, if you wired your apes, removing the tank will be a freakin' snap. It's really not difficult. If that's what's holding you back...go for it. Seriously

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do all the amps require taking off tank running power lead n ground all the way to battery? This is what has me not wanting to do amp. Looks a little more than I want to do right now bike is barely over a year old . And I refuse to take it to the Stealer!! I have pretty good mechanical skills I did my apes n internally wired em with no probs. but just don't want to dig to deep n have something go wrong n they not want to do something on my warranty. All I want is not so much distortion at upper levels of volume.:confused:
No Sir. . . If you just loosen the bolts on the tank you should be able to lift up the tank a couple of inches just enough to snake the power and ground (If necessary) under the tank to the battery. Just make sure you pull the wires tight enough so the wires won't touch the top of the heads. On the 13 the tank is real simple to take off if your are uncomfortable with this scenario. . . If you did your Apes. . . Hooking up the fosgate is a piece of cake.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok y'all bout got me talked into it , so as far as plug n play what amp will b strong enough to push these 5 1/4 n then adding the 6.5 s later up top n moving 5 1/4 down to lower inner fairing? I agree I guess I was just whine n bout having to run the power n ground leads. It's no shit that this forum just makes u spend da $$$$$$$$! Gotta love it!! :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ok y'all bout got me talked into it , so as far as plug n play what amp will b strong enough to push these 5 1/4 n then adding the 6.5 s later up top n moving 5 1/4 down to lower inner fairing? I agree I guess I was just whine n bout having to run the power n ground leads. It's no shit that this forum just makes u spend da $$$$$$$$! Gotta love it!! :)
Soundstream PN4.520!! Will be your best investment ever!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Soundstream PN4.520!! Will be your best investment ever!
+1 on the Soundstream 520.D Great Amp! Running two of these. Road my bike from Indianapolis to Dallas year before last. Temp was 111 degrees in Dallas. Both amps were warm to the touch after playing loud 8 hours straight. However be advised the Soundstream will interfere with the FM radio on certain bikes if you like listening to FM! I've never had a problem but some guys do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts