Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting on a stock header cat removed and a pair of thunderheaders,,, Do I need to put in a tuner? I will be putting in a big sucker soon and know I need a tuner then (which one?). But do I need to re map just for the exhaust?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I would.

They are lean from the factory, and a tuner with No mods helps get the AFR where it should be. If you go pipes and A/C you will definitely need one, so I'd just get it now and change the maps as you add mods...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ditto, I De-Catted my Head and put Vance & Hines Slip ons and needed to get a tuner as she ran way too lean and sounde like Jiffy Pop!!!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
If youre already planning on getting a tuner youll be better off just getting it now if money allows. Youll be amazed at how much better the bike will run

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I actually had a gutted head pipe and slip-ons on my SG with no tuner. Also didn't have a hi-flo either. Ran just fine. I'm sure it would have run a little better with a tuner though.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I ran the decatted header and slip-ons on my bike for a while and didn't use a tuner. To me it ran OK, did seem like I lost a little torque. When I changed the intake I used a Power Vision tuner and did a series of auto tunes. The bike runs great now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx For all your imput

Well I got my catless head pipes and my like new Thunderheader slid ons and I am outta fun money... Sooo .... There they sit... It'll be a couple weeks before I got the spare money... Gotta make my bike payment... so when I get my AN big sucker kit,,, What tuner??? leaning toward Power Comander V????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts