Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I gave the wife my Performance machine Renthal grips and figured that I would try a new grip. Put on the HD Airflow grips. Not bad. Look good. But I got hand cramps. I have run the PM grips on every bike since 09. Best grips ever for me because I have to fidget when I ride. I wear grips out fast. These are super comfy and I can rebuild them for 28 bucks. So today I put another set of PM grips on. I also put the softbrake clutch lever on her bike. Let me tell ya. That thing is sweet. But I had to one up her. I got a set of the RSD adjustable levers. And ya. They're awesome. That stock throw is crazy when you actually put it where it belongs. My chrome switch housings will be in Friday I hope.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
So I gave the wife my Performance machine Renthal grips and figured that I would try a new grip. Put on the HD Airflow grips. Not bad. Look good. But I got hand cramps. I have run the PM grips on every bike since 09. Best grips ever for me because I have to fidget when I ride. I wear grips out fast. These are super comfy and I can rebuild them for 28 bucks. So today I put another set of PM grips on. I also put the softbrake clutch lever on her bike. Let me tell ya. That thing is sweet. But I had to one up her. I got a set of the RSD adjustable levers. And ya. They're awesome. That stock throw is crazy when you actually put it where it belongs. My chrome switch housings will be in Friday I hope.

John, those PM Grips, along with the RSD Levers, look great!
Good looking out for the Mrs. also.
I'm a very big fan of Performance Machines Grips.
The only reason I don't have a set on My Glide now is I took them off to put on OEM Heated Grips.
Guess i'm getting old, LMAO.
Mike U.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,819 Posts
That looks great John. Even better, it's safer now than before with the adjustability that you've added. I've been running Avons the whole time I've had my bike but I recently found out they now make an extra large grip that I want to check out. I have a lot of arthritis in my hands so something thicker would probably be good.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Added the switch housings today. Now I see I need the covers for the master cylinders. They're on order. I'm failing at not spending money this summer.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
looks great.

question on the rsd levers. they say adjustable from .47'' in to .95'' out. i don't really need to go further out than stock, does that .47'' work?

not to mention, on the rsd website, i can't find a lever to fit the m8. they all stop at 2016. guess i'll have to call them to find out if they have the m8 version. i know i could get the oberon, which i've done, twice. once on my old cvo, and then again on the wife's new bike. but now they want $15 for shipping, whereas before, if you got the black knob, shipping was free. that effectively raises the price from $135 to $150. a little more than i want to pay right now.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks great.

question on the rsd levers. they say adjustable from .47'' in to .95'' out. i don't really need to go further out than stock, does that .47'' work?

not to mention, on the rsd website, i can't find a lever to fit the m8. they all stop at 2016. guess i'll have to call them to find out if they have the m8 version. i know i could get the oberon, which i've done, twice. once on my old cvo, and then again on the wife's new bike. but now they want $15 for shipping, whereas before, if you got the black knob, shipping was free. that effectively raises the price from $135 to $150. a little more than i want to pay right now.
Yes. .47. Just shy of a half inch. It lands almost exactly where the wifes softbrake lever does. The softbrake is .50. Honestly it feels the same as hers to me.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
so, in my case, it sounds like the soft brake lever would be the way to go. i don't see ever having to increase the travel (i have short fingers anyway), and $60 is a heck of a lot easier on the wallet than $150+

thanks for the info

1 - 14 of 14 Posts