Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a thread a while back about tapping into the factory amp on a cvo glide, not much response there, so I contacted the fine folks at J & M for advice, of course they sold me a 500w Rokker amp, already had the 7.25 saddlebag rokker speakers, put in the 7.25 fairing rokkers, jumped in my factory tweeters and after a bit of back and forth on getting everything wired up right, all I can say is absolutely flippin awesome!!!!! No distortion at full volume and full volume is really cranked! The customer service I received in dealing with a couple of small issues was outstanding. Thanks again to John and his staff for a top shelf product and even better customer service. I am to much of a techo challenged type to record and put a bit on here, besides I tried to let a buddy listen over the phone and the volume was so loud it cuts the phone out!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought the 250W set up for my 2012 Skunk 2 7.25 Rokker XX w/tweets and the 250W amp in Sturgis....and same thing...amazing at full volume. http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HRRK-7252-RXX

I've read some threads with negative reviews, but in talking with the staff and dealing with them so far, I've been very impressed. I also think that with the number of systems and the speed at which they've changed models and upgraded them, there is some confusion. Just like any other company they have "levels" of quality.

I can assure you that no Hawgtunes set up I've listened too comes even close. The only competition I felt was the FOCALS, which I listened to side by side. The FOCALS sounded great, maybe a TINY bit better even, but when pushed past 60-70% on the stock HK radio with their amp and they distorted horribly. The rep from FOCAL answer to me was "well....you shouldn't turn it up that loud". Since I was replacing my blown "boom audio" (Boom........shaking my head)...that were blown, I wasn't in the market for another headache. You accidently turn up the volume and fry your $500 speakers? NO THANKS! The J&M Rep admitted they had problems with the COIL in the previous version, but this speaker had been tested at FULL VOLUME for 72 hours on full distortion and did not fail.

I'll assure you that EVERYONE who's listened to my J&M system has been impressed. So far I am too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i had the full J&M Rokker XT kit on my '12 RGC (may she rest in peace). Fairing speakers, saddlebag speakers & 500 watt amp. Absolutely loved it! I now have a '13 110th anniversary RGC that has the factory equivalent. The factory setup has 2 separate 200w amps - one for the front & one for the rear. It sounds pretty good. The J&M kit definitely was better.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I now have a '13 110th anniversary RGC that has the factory equivalent. The factory setup has 2 separate 200w amps - one for the front & one for the rear. It sounds pretty good. The J&M kit definitely was better.
I have a 13 cvo roadglide and the factory setup sucks in my honest opinion. I cannot wait til I get to upgrade mine. You would think that as much as a cvo cost they would have a premium audio system, unfortunately that is not the case.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I have a 13 cvo roadglide and the factory setup sucks in my honest opinion. I cannot wait til I get to upgrade mine. You would think that as much as a cvo cost they would have a premium audio system, unfortunately that is not the case.
It's premium compared to the crap the rest of us get. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm happy with my sound, just think the head unit could have been better. That's the only thing I want to upgrade on mine.
I sent the HK to Iron Cross Audio for the f/r preamp outs and the sound is a big improvement for me as this bypasses the amplifier section of the HK which has always sounded "muddy" to me.

I had J&M install the Rokker 500 at Sturgis this year (so they could set the gains properly ~ and it worked out better with my timeline) When I asked the J&M techs how much volume I should use their reply was " all you want"

I checked it out with max volume several times (I listen to rock & roll) and there is no audible distortion (the system is happy ~ not straining ~ even wide open!)

With the HK at 3-4 clicks to the left of max volume "The Ball & Chain" (passenger) says that she hears the music crystal clear at 90 !!!

I have had several IASCA quality systems in my cages over the years and this system is very impressive to me, your results may vary...

J&M Rokker 500w (in fairing) Rokker / Rokker XTs in fairing / vented lowers, Iron Cross Audio f/r preamp outs, rear aux (soon to be in left glove box) and switched headphone jack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts