Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a Michelin commander 2 on my 2001 roadglide and the drive belt is rubbing on the tire 140/90/16,I hv been using Metzler and avons that size and I didnt hv this problem,Does any one hv a solution to this, I would appreciate any help I can get thks .

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Did you line up the rear axle correctly??

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Is it possible you have the axle spacers in the wrong positions? From the parts drawings you have 2 axle spacers that are of different sizes and the 43654-00 seems to be longer and should be on the brake disc side. The shorter one (40981-00) should be on the sprocket side.

Here is a link showing how the spacers should be.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies//showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hdmc&A=323&B=28&vehicleid=2001-Harley-Davidson-Street-Bike-FLTR-I-TOURING-ROAD-GLIDE%AE-%28EFI%29-%28FS%29-WHEEL---REAR-WHEEL-ASSEMBLY-W/-BRAKE-DISK-AND-SPOCKET

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the adjusters correct,the spacers I have the long one on the drive belt side,and the shorter is on the rotor side.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
look again.
Just did and not sure what your are looking at. The spacers I am talking about or items 20 (43654-00) and 10 (40981-00) in the parts drawing. Maybe you are confusing item #19? If so, that spacer is sandwiched between the bearings and unless the OP changed out the bearings it should not come into play. Then again it is a drawing I am looking at and maybe they look different in person??

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My tire rubbing must be that I went up a size six tires ago and didnt have a problem with the width of the Metzers I was using.So now Im exchanging my Michelin Commander 2 tire for a smaller size 130/90/16 so I hope this works,stay tuned and thanks guys for all the advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts