Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going y'all,
This is the first forum I've joined and still trying to figure my way around it. Quick question while I have you. I just got a 2015 RGS blue and I would almost swear my old 2001 road king would smoke my new bikes a$$ from 0-60ish what gives with the slug like throttle response?

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 88 had heavy breather and exhaust but nothing worth barging about... I could woop up on alot of 96 guys but to me the 103ho should have felt hands down stronger on the bottom? Was I expecting too much from a stock bike?

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. The cam is where your seeing the difference. I had friends that would smoke my 96" with their 88's. I think a combination of the EPA regulations on the newer bikes and the 5-speed transmission make it feel that way.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor to the south (Alabama). An air cleaner, exhaust and a new map will get you going. These things run terrible lean from the factory.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome from Fort Moll, SC. Go visit Doc"s Performance in Mineola Fl, and he will have your engine purring in about 2 hours.

·
Registered
489 Posts
What cams?

I left out cam on the 88"
Welcome to the forum from Montana!
I agree that you should feel more pull than your 88". What cams were you running? As others have said, an A/C and slip-ons (or a complete system to get rid of the factory cat) with a new down-load will make a big difference. The TBW feels like it has a little lag to it as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum from Montana!
I agree that you should feel more pull than your 88". What cams were you running? As others have said, an A/C and slip-ons (or a complete system to get rid of the factory cat) with a new down-load will make a big difference. The TBW feels like it has a little lag to it as well.
I can't remember what cam I used. I guess it's the lag that is throwing me off this is the first bike I've owned with the TBW... not a big fan of it. I am about to put the D&D fatcat 2:1, SE heavy Breather, and SERT on it. When I can scrape up little more $. Is anyone running this setup and more importantly will this help eliminate the "lag"? Sorry for all the questions, It's just that my inner Ricky Bobby keeps telling me "I wanna go fast" every time I ride and on my bike it just doesnt do it for me. Also it tops out at 105mph what gives?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
You not gonna get that "carbed" feeling nor even the FI delay, may have da run higher rpm's and stay on edge to shit & get (shift, smt phne:confused:), 105... for a 15RG, do they come with a parking brake?
Lol, yeah "park" is right between reverse and 1st gear:D. It's just weird to snatch the throttle and the bike kinda does its own thing. And yeah when I'm on the interstate I usually drop a gear or two to get it to get up and go for passing folks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.