Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Roadglide Ultra and am wanting to upgrade my stereo, I have a 07 ultra classic with a Biketronics set up. I really like the Roadglide but the stereo is weak. I'm looking for suggestions on head unit amp and speakers.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I'm still using the stock head unit but did send it to Iron Cross for rca outs. I have a diamond micro 4 amp with 4-6.5 hertz upfront. 2 -5.25 hertz in the tour pack. Don't have any problem hearing it at at 80+

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Congrats on the new scooter. I have the hawg wired 6 pack with 2 speakers in the inner fairing, it sounds great and sounds good with the stock stereo. I am switching this winter to the alpine 149 for the Bluetooth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alpine Head Unit; Sound Stream 5 3/4 Speakers and 300 watt Arc Audio Amp. I also 1" tweeters in the Volt and Air temp Gauge holes. The combination works awesome.

·
Registered
758 Posts
There's a lot you can do with that setup. Since you're familiar with BT, the 7.1s in fairing and 6.5 in lowers with a 4180 amp would scream. The 4180 is tight in the fairing, but it will fit. I believe the 7.1 will fit in the tourpak pods as well, if not 6.5 would be fine back there.

You can't go wrong with an upper end Sony or Kenwood unit. The higher end Alpine units seem to be picking up popularity as well. No matter what aftermarket HU you go with be prepared that there are some sun/angle conditions that your screen will wash out no matter what you do. Not really a big deal, but a lot of guys complain about it.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I've got the OEM head unit with two Hawgwired RS 400 amps, J&M rocker speakers and I am happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts