Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Chicago. Just traded in my Road King for a 2013 RG. Just trying to get familiar with the site and doing a little research.

Looking to make my bike as loud as possible. I am 6'2" and looking for a comfortable set of ape hangers as well.

Old RK just had a pair of Rinehart 3.5" slipons.

Looking to make this bike stand out in the crowd. Calling it The Chicago Project. haha

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina. If you want loud, get yourself a set of true duals from Dragos Bike Works or Rush and some CFR slip ons, seems to be the agreed upon ticket to volume. While you're at it a free breathing air filter and fuel tuner help as well. Plenty of suggestions on Bars on that sub forum, check it out. We'll all help you spend your $$$.​

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome from Tampa and agree that CFRs are the way to go if you want loud. You will need to add cams if you really want them to scream LOUD though.

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Welcome from Ky and congrats on the new bike. We have specific threads for all the things youre looking for. Take a look around and let us know when youre ready to buy because we'll be glad to help ya spend some dough!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Welcome to the forum neighbor!

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the tank. A few gliders I know out here have some of Dragos pipes and he is in your area. They have nothing but good things to say about him.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Welcome to the shark tank

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome from NC... I too just bought a 13 RGC.... shutdown now due to ankle surgery...did get to put 500 miles on it though...but, once I return and get my first service, the CFR slip ons are the plan...love the sound....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome! Thanks for all of your responses. I am doing my homework on all the possibilities as we speak.

I'll post as I make the changes.

*The Chicago Project*

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Welcome from downstate. Several site sponsors near Chicago that can help make it loud.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts