Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
In The Metromess (aka DFW). Been lots of places but I grew up here and returned here, I guess it's just home.
Understood, yeah I thought about moving back to Texas after I retired, but.... We decided as a family to do Illinois. Not sure if I am going to stay here for the long haul, but I will say that we love our house. LOL

·
Super Moderator
9,949 Posts
Everyone needs to ride Manhattan on a motorcycle at least once in their life.
I used to ride into Manhattan on a daily basis for work.
Best to have Your Head on a swivel as vehicles come from every direction.
The Daily NYC Riding made me a much better rider indeed.
Mike U.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Welcome from Pittsburgh. PA!

Nice bike and looking forward to the customization tour going to do. Compared to other brands, Harleys deep into your pockets allot more!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Where you at in Maryland? My family lived up in Waldorf, Lexington Park, and Clements for several years.
I grew up in Lanham then moved as an adult to Germantown and finally to Frederick. Better riding up here where there is less traffic and more hills.

Reactions: TRUE

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Welcome from Pittsburgh. PA!

Nice bike and looking forward to the customization tour going to do. Compared to other brands, Harleys deep into your pockets allot more!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
You ain't never lied, but the good thing is that most of the money will be going to local businesses, I am cool with that!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome to the tank From NorthWest PA. Thank you for your Service. That's a nice looking canvas you got there to create a masterpiece! You won't have no trouble on here finding someone to help you spend your money.

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
475 Posts
Welcome From Texas,
First off, Thanks For serving our country,
And I will tell Biden to go Fuck off, he definitely doesn't appreciate our men an women who protect this great country of ours. PAST & PRESENT!!!

Beautiful Bike,
It starts out suttle like a radio, then you gotta ad speakers to go with the radio,then you gotta by amps to push those speakers,and then theeeeen you gotta change out the rear suspension, you put it on air so you can drop the bike down when you park, rears done now the front has to drop another inch as you add the big tire to it, bikes really coming around..So you add floorboards to it, nice touch!! Now ya need mirrors to match the floorboards,
All of this work has been done now,
As you look at your gorgeous bike. That "YOU" made, Now you've decided to put a set of pipes on, just to give her that mean sound your lookin for, can't have a set of pipes without a new intake, engine looks pretty now, warranty, engine, warranty, engine, you in a tough situation, but the engine wins out, so now it time for cam, and a bass ass tune from some guy name Spike!! You getting close now to being done, but you just gotta have a new set of LED's... and if you haven't noticed by now it keeps going.... and going ....

My name is TexasSmoker,
I am a Harley-Davidson addict
It has been 3 weeks, 4 days, an 7 hours,
since I made my last parts purchase for the bike!!!!!

Prince George's County, Fort Washington.....is been so long for me but if I remember correctly back in the day Waldorf (it could have been Laplata) had "wig wam" on the side of 301 I think is was a restaurant were are talking 70's back then. Although we live right on the Potomac River, the water was much cleaner, down river to water ski, chapel point....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome from MD... looks like im right there next to TexasSmoker in PGC. Plenty of stuff you can do. I am in the same boat. Did my slip-ons, windshield and couple cosmetics. My seat is in shop right now getting custom work done. should be done today/this week.. can't wait. Enjoy the fun.

And in the same boat, trying to get back to Texas myself better year round riding there.

·
Registered
2020 RGS River Rock Gray
688 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot and welcome from the Frozen Tundra. That was a color scheme I was thinking about as well when looking, but not many were around this spring. Like everyone has said, there are plenty of people here that can help separate you from your hard earned cash. Especially in the Audio portion. Sounded like that was a big part of your upgrades

Reactions: TRUE

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
475 Posts
Welcome from MD... looks like im right there next to TexasSmoker in PGC. Plenty of stuff you can do. I am in the same boat. Did my slip-ons, windshield and couple cosmetics. My seat is in shop right now getting custom work done. should be done today/this week.. can't wait. Enjoy the fun.

And in the same boat, trying to get back to Texas myself better year round riding there.
My grand parents lived in Fort Washington, right on the Potomac, you could see Mt Vernon from across the river.....
I had my 18 birthday there, an PG's finest came knocking on our door, ask if we could tone it down alittle, they were getting complaints from Virginia!!!
My mother bought the property in 70,
20 acres and a a mansion built in 1905,right in the river, the house has history by itself, it was used as officer quarters, for the officers stationed at Fort Washington back in the day,
My mother sold the property after my pops and grandmother past away, and moved to fair fax Virginia, were I went to George Mason, moved back to Texas when I graduated......

·
Registered
15 Posts
My grand parents lived in Fort Washington, right on the Potomac, you could see Mt Vernon from across the river.....
I had my 18 birthday there, an PG's finest came knocking on our door, ask if we could tone it down alittle, they were getting complaints from Virginia!!!
My mother bought the property in 70,
20 acres and a a mansion built in 1905,right in the river, the house has history by itself, it was used as officer quarters, for the officers stationed at Fort Washington back in the day,
My mother sold the property after my pops and grandmother past away, and moved to fair fax Virginia, were I went to George Mason, moved back to Texas when I graduated......
Nice lol, yeah 2nd time here and trying to get back to the family in San Antonio as well. Up here in laurel at the moment... BTW F Old Glory HD lol man regret getting my bike there lol, lemme know if got any good suggestions where to do the 1k, not paying them the 450 to do, one of the hog guys said would just help me do it

41 - 56 of 56 Posts