Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I’m getting old and I’m not hip anymore but this is becoming a new trend and to me it looks ridiculous.

Maybe on the upcoming Pan American it would look cool, but not on a touring bike. At least to me.

No way would I put a Pelican Case on my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
994 Posts
You're just looking ahead to where you need to go, with all your sh!t dry along the way, so the rear can look however it wants. Least, that's how my simple thoughts work itself through the day.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're just looking ahead to where you need to go, with all your sh!t dry along the way, so the rear can look however it wants. Least, that's how my simple thoughts work itself through the day.
See the fancy revivors for the shocks that are left exposed on the bike in the picture? This seems to be more of a statement then a need.

·
Registered
820 Posts
way cheaper than the $1500 harley detatchable color matched tour pack. if you only run it when traveling, who cares what it looks like it works for him.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Maybe I’m getting old and I’m not hip anymore but this is becoming a new trend and to me it looks ridiculous.
yeah. i think you're getting older, Craig. LOL

i know you're still hip because that electric plaid shirt you wore at the Patti's run was cool :smile:

function over form for me. gotta piss with the cock i got.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
way cheaper than the $1500 harley detatchable color matched tour pack. if you only run it when traveling, who cares what it looks like it works for him.
Because it's not about if it works or not, it's about a look. If you would see the bikes these are going on you would understand.

I know some of you cats are old, so look into performance baggers. It's the new hotness. These aren't cheap mod there guys are doing. So to put an ABS plastic case meant for shipping/protecting high dollar items.....it's a form not a function thing.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah. i think you're getting older, Craig. LOL

i know you're still hip because that electric plaid shirt you wore at the Patti's run was cool :smile:

function over form for me. gotta piss with the cock i got.
LOL!!!!! You got me.

I still think a plastic box with a handle on it bolted to a datable rack looks stupid.

Just one old hip guys .02

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I saw one of those a few years back. In about a minute with just a key, it came off of the scooters luggage rack. It was a pelican case, but I have no idea what the mount was

·
Registered
820 Posts
Because it's not about if it works or not, it's about a look. If you would see the bikes these are going on you would understand.
well it's apparent that the guy's doing this, are not to worried about "the look", they are after function not fashion. that's why i guess i've never owned a pair of air jordans or nike shit shoes.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I think he stole the idea from @crazy4ink Hes been running that look all year.

Reactions: crazy4ink

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I'm one of those function over form guys I guess, & yea, I'm an old-fart! I'll keep that in the back of my mind for "down the road"!

Reactions: Little Wing

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have a Pelican case bolted to a quick detach rack on my RGS. Yes it gets bad comments from some people; don't care what they think about something that they didn't pay for on my bike. Think a tourpack would look better, you're more than welcome to buy me one. Yes it gets good comments from people because it's not like other tour packs they see and I'm happy to answer any questions they have.

I like that it's waterproof and when I get somewhere I can detach it from the docking points and carry it by the handle inside where ever I'm sleeping. I also like that I can padlock it and be completely legal while riding through states that don't honor my concealed carry permit from here in VA.

I'm not young, I don't know what a hipster is and could care less, and it works for me.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts