Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a TTS Mastertune and I cannot get the program to recognize my bike. I get the green light with connectivity, it says it finds the J1850 ECM but when I go to get the ECM info it tells me the VIN not found, ECM not found, etc. I have updated the software and the USB drivers and still no luck. I noticed in my ECM plug there are only 3 male ends. DO I have the right connector? I am using the only plug under the fuse panel on the left side.

After an hour and the instruction manual I figured it out:eek:

You tube left out a key component of the instructions.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not only do you turn on the power from the ignition switch but you have to flip the handlebar switch into the run position. Then it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm very happy with the purchase. It will do more than I will ever try to figure out but I do like the fact that it has a "flight recorder" mode where you can ride with a laptop and it will suggest changes.

Good luck wit the cams.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Flight recorder will allow you to setup so you can just ride with the dongle attached without any need for a laptop. You can use data master to actively use a laptop but no need to ride with one in your saddlebag anymore. This is assuming you have the blue TTS dongle. Vtune is an excellent product and with some patience and understanding works very well. Enjoy

I'm very happy with the purchase. It will do more than I will ever try to figure out but I do like the fact that it has a "flight recorder" mode where you can ride with a laptop and it will suggest changes.

Good luck wit the cams.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've had the TTS for about a year now and after some initial stumbling blocks like what you ran into I really like it. As I understand it, some guys have a great understanding of the Vtune and get great ongoing results using it.
I found it to be a little more confusing than helpful and I'm going to see Doc in November for a dyno session. He was the one who recommended it in the first place and I keep hearing amazing things about how he uses the advanced capabilities of the TTS.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the input. Looking forward to learning about this thing. I do have the blue dongle so it is nice to know I do not need to ride with the laptop connected.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Doc will get your bike tuned up. You will be amazed at how well a correctly tuned bike runs.
I've heard nothing but good things and have had several insightful conversations with Doc leading up to this appointment. I'm looking forward to the tune date and riding it after.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts