Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2013 Custom. I also use a Power Vision. I plan on adding cruise control to my bike and i understand i will need a download from the dealer for the cruise control to work. Will the cruise control download effect my tune already downloaded in the bike and after I have the cruise installed can I still download future tunes to my bike without affecting the cruise download? Thanks

p.s. I plan on having the dealer install the Cruise.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's not a tune, it's just a flash, the dealer needs to turn on cruise option in your ECU. Won't have any effect on your tune.

·
Registered
8,592 Posts
When I added cruise control to my bike the cpu was already flashed. I called the dealer and cancelled my appointment.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I added cruise to my bike, after I had everything installed, I went back to the dealer I purchased the bike new from, they did turn the cruise function on in the ECM, took about 10 minutes, longer to remove the bag, side cover, and hook up the computer. Believe it or not all done at no charge by Warren Harley Davidson. I did throw the tech a 20 for some beers after work.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I installed cruise myself and did not need the flash from the dealer.. It was already turn on in the ECM and waiting.. So.. after installing it.. Hit the power button on the console and if you get a lil red dial on your Speedo.. You're golden.. Test it out.. when you engage the red dial will turn green.. If not.. Then you'll need a flash at the dealer..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts