Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my new system all wrapped up today and wow, what a difference and well worth the effort.

2 sets of rockford power T165 in fairing
1 set of Polk marine 6X9's in the bag lids
2 rockford pbr300x2 using HDounut's mounts
HDPDII ipod adaptor.
cycle sounds bag lids.

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Did you take your tank off to run the power wire. I just put my hawg-wired amp and speakers on my bike and I ran a two ft zip tie trough the wire channel. Also put the hdpdplus on drill a hole in the right glove box. Works great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did take the tank off. i ran two strands of 8 gauge for both power and ground as well as 2 strands of 12 gauge speaker wire for the lids down the harness channel on the backbone.. i did the same with the hdpd as well in the right glove box... she bumps quite a bit now lol..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
with a total of 4 strands of 8 gauge and 2 strands of speaker wire i imagine that it would have been quite the PITA to do... probably easier to just bite the bullet and take the tank off. this way you can see where your wires are running in the channel and "fix" MOCO's shabby ass wire job (brand new bike had 4 wires pinched in the channel lid almost stripping them)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks good! How did you wire all your speakers?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
camiller72 : no problem... if you have any other questions feel free to ask....

yamahoe72: i have the 4 fairing speakers ran in series down to 2 ohm stereo and then the backs i have wired straight.. feeds damn near perfect power to each speaker as per spec. I was going to add another set of 6.5's in the rear with the 6x9's but it would have been overkill....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
theres no problem in doing that.. makes it a little easier on ya in the long run, however just make sure on each end of the wire you mark it for right and left so you dont get mixed up down the road...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Oh, I can't wait to do this to mine. At first I would cringe when I saw people cut into their fairing to add those extra speakers,but now I can't wait to do it myself. Good job.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol.... cutting into the fairing was an experience enough to make your cornhole pucker, esp cause i had only had the bike for 3 days lol.. just take your time and measure out everything the best you can. when cutting, stay well to the inside of your line and then go back with a sanding drum to bring everything out to spec. I actually used a dremel with a cutting bit and drum sanding bit on a right angle attachment and it went pretty smooth for both cutting and sanding.

·
Registered
576 Posts
i did take the tank off. i ran two strands of 8 gauge for both power and ground as well as 2 strands of 12 gauge speaker wire for the lids down the harness channel on the backbone.. i did the same with the hdpd as well in the right glove box... she bumps quite a bit now lol..
I ran my ground wire to amp from one of the four inner fairing bolts that fix the fairing to the neck. It works like a champ. It is recommended to keep the your amplifier ground wire length as short as possible.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yessir that i know, but i have also heard of a few people having problems (for reasons unbeknownst to me) with grounding at the inner mount bolts. so i said the hell with it, and ran the extra cable back to the battery. For amps that small, i dont think the extra length on the ground will effect it all that much, and if it does i will most certainly let you be the first to say "told you so" lol..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts