Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X998 head unit. Ordered the Biketronics install kit. Can't wait to hear the sound. Anybody else here got this stereo? It's got a TON of options, and I may need to pick somebodies brain. Tempted to install it this weekend and just use the remote that came with it until the Biketronics kit shows up. Feels like Christmas! Lol!!

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Unless you already have an adapter to install the radio, I would wait. The OEM head unit is an odd size and your Kenwood will not fit properly without an adapter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I currently have a Sony that I'm pulling out. I wanted Blue Tooth. Figured I shoot the moon. Lol!

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I currently have a Sony that I'm pulling out. I wanted Blue Tooth. Figured I shoot the moon. Lol!
I did the same the other day, I pulled out my Sony for the Alpine 149, don't know if I'll use the blue tooth, but I already hooked up Sirius and like it, now if the display stays visible in daylight I'm set.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have to wait till Wednesday for the Biketronics install kit. I'll ride between now and then, so I'm not gonna bother taking stuff apart till I have everything.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Wow. Thet's what I did and I've got codes they are saying ECM and 02 sensors.

Sorry man I was confused, The install I just did was on my wife's 05 Sceaming Eagle Electra Glide. I don't know if that makes a difference, but it did work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts