Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ridden in a lot of different kinds of weather but yesterday was a new one. On the way to the NC coast through the center of the sate with perfect temperatures, under a clear blue sky through a particularly rural and wooded area my friends & I were engulfed in the yellow smoke most call pollen. I have never seen so much at once. Our bikes, clothes, everything was covered. Anyone else see what we did? Oh yeah, the bugs are out again too, and some of those suckers hurt or maybe it was a humming bird.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Never seen pollen fog,.... But, I bet it's the pits. The worst hit I was ever in, was a trip thru an d north of Lafayette LA - the black love bug storms wave after wave.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wow, really interesting, and I personally experienced jetman's bug smashing!
Just wait for the 17 year Cicada Brood#2 to hatch here in the Mid-Atlantic! They're saying in certain areas more than 1 Billion Cicadas per acre will take to the air and the noise at night may be deafening!
I'm not looking forward to smashing these monsters!
-ST

·
Registered
692 Posts
Just wait for the 17 year Cicada Brood#2 to hatch here in the Mid-Atlantic! They're saying in certain areas more than 1 Billion Cicadas per acre will take to the air and the noise at night may be deafening!
-ST
Maaaaaaan , I'd be looking for a real good full face helmet

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,033 Posts
Todd, do you know what the last thing to go through a Cicada's mind when he splats on your windshield? His a--hole!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
When I saw the 17 year cicadas,they were sure plentiful,and the sound....was just a steady high pitched buzz.Sounded like the bug sound in horror movies.

good thing is,they are only around a few weeks,and they are much smaller than the green 7 year ones.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Todd, I believe this is about the actual size of what nearly knocked me off my bike yesterday, my face was numb on one side for 10 minutes.

-ST

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have experienced the yellow cloud of pollen on a spring ride in Orange County, NY. The pollen was blowing out of the tops of a row of pine trees, it was so dense it looked like smoke from a house fire, but yellow. I'd much rather ride in that, than a 17 year cicada any day! :D

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
When my older brother got out of the Army after Vietnam, he mustered out at Fort Hood, TX in the middle of summer. He could not wait to get out of there, so he left the fort at 2000 to ride back to St. Louis on his CB750. He said he learned two things on that trip...

1. Do not try to smoke a cigarette at 80mph, one puff and it's done. :eek:
2. Do not smile while riding a motorcycle thru Texas, at 80mph, at night, in the summertime... :D

Also, I have a Maple tree beside my driveway. There are times, during the spring, when all my cars are yellow, with Black and White accents!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts