Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any issues doing the firmware update on the new HD Wireless Headset Interface Module (WHIM)?
I installed last night and all went well until I got to the firmware update. Only progresses to 72% and then says Corrupt update file.
I downloaded a new copy etc... Bad thing is now it says Ver 1.0.2 (latest) when it reads the WHIM Module.
I fear it's only partly updated.

Guess When I take the bike to get the radio flashed for it the dealer can check it out.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
A member on the CVO forum was having issues with his doing the same thing. He took it to the dealer, the DL file is corrupt. His dealer had a good file on a usb drive and updated it for him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not impressed

I'm having the same issue. Installed the WHIM module, downloaded the software, went to flash the module, it made it to 72%, then informed me the file is corrupted. Re-downloaded from different internet providers, (thinking it may be a poor connection issue) same result. This is a winter project in MN., so riding to the dealer for a flash update is not an option. Why can't the file just be fixed on Harley's end, then supply it's customers with a working update instead of forcing us to go to the dealer? I don't take well to being forced to do something.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I'm having the same issue. Installed the WHIM module, downloaded the software, went to flash the module, it made it to 72%, then informed me the file is corrupted. Re-downloaded from different internet providers, (thinking it may be a poor connection issue) same result. This is a winter project in MN., so riding to the dealer for a flash update is not an option. Why can't the file just be fixed on Harley's end, then supply it's customers with a working update instead of forcing us to go to the dealer? I don't take well to being forced to do something.
So HD put a bad file up to force you to the dealer to do a free update. Ever stop the think the problem is the extraction from the zip file. Just downloaded it latter today I will install it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same deal here except after taking to
Dealer, they said to go home and pull radio fuse to “reboot” the unit. Update failed at 71% every time. Options for headsets aren’t in menu at all. They say bad unit... exchange and try again. Bs!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am having the same issue as reported. Taking the bike back to the dealer tonight to be looked at. I have also spoke to HD customer service and they confirmed that some WHIM modules are not taking the FW updates correct. More than likely the dealer will be replacing the WHIM module tonight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts