Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm swapping out the stock windshield for a Long Ride Shields on my 2013 RGU. I'm debating putting the rubber trim on the bottom of the windshield. The instructions says it's optional. Are there pros and cons to installing it, or purely cosmetic? If I decide to install one of the chrome trim pieces will it matter if the rubber trim is or isn't there?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I would just put a piece of door edge moulding on it like I did, many other members have done the same and it looks great, factory rubber trim look like crap, IMO :grin:

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I'm swapping out the stock windshield for a Long Ride Shields on my 2013 RGU. I'm debating putting the rubber trim on the bottom of the windshield. The instructions says it's optional. Are there pros and cons to installing it, or purely cosmetic? If I decide to install one of the chrome trim pieces will it matter if the rubber trim is or isn't there?

Thanks for the help.
Make sure that if you install the chrome trim that it is what you want to keep. Once you put it on it can, and will most likely damage the paint underneath it so then you have to always keep it on to cover it up. Some may have been lucky but most have had this issue. Just a heads up.

And I would go without any rubber trim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts