Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As is my tradition I got my New Years day ride in for 2013. I have been doing this for 10 years, even when I lived in St Louis. Got in Putnam County, St Johns County, Volusia County, Flagler County, about 200 miles total.

I'm ready to leave:

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw a RG that looked like yours. May have been on 100.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Didn't feel up to a New Years day ride. Went to a concert on NYE and didn't get home until 4am. At any rate it was cold and damp and rain was on the horizon. I will get my first ride of the year in soon.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
wouid have loved to ride but..paved roads are all dry,but the road to our place is still icy and snow pack. Wouldn't be so bad but 2 long steep hill too,as well as gullies,potholes and ruts.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Well, if you had been in St. Louis this year, you might not have gone too far. It snowed on New Years Eve, and it was cold on New Years Day, so nothing melted until late afternoon. I tend not to want to ride on snow and ice.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Secondary and main roads around here are clean and dry, but the side streets leading to them are still a bit of a mess. Also, to get my bike out of my garage, I'd have to shovel an additional 70 feet of now frozen, packed snow and ice. I think I'll just sit here and read about everyone else's rides! This is a far cry from last New Year when we had temps near 60 and no snow.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Snow, ice, and salt covering the roads - 7* with -2* windchill. Think I'm done; I waited hoping this January was going to be like last year's (50*) but it's not happening. So, winterization is on my schedule! Damn...:(

·
Registered
983 Posts
I did our annual New Years morning ride this year. The roads were pretty clear and it was sunny, but oh baby was it cold!! I don't think it got above 40 degrees.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had to wait until the 3rd here in St Louis. Scraped the remains of snow and ice off the driveway and was good to go. Roads were in pretty good shape but still had to be aware of slick spots, especially towards the end of the day when the sun was lower in the sky.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It would have been a good time to go to Fast Eddy's. My last 10 working years in St Louis is hard for me to picture now that I live in Florida.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts