Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been riding as much as I can trying to get the first 1000 miles done on my 15 RGS. I replaced the slipons with SE highflow and just today did the stage 1 air. I purchased the SE street performance tuner to flash the ecu, (made more sense than taking it to the dealership every time I add a new part), but here's where I'm stuck.

The only applicable map I found lists "103 big bore stage 1 kit"....does anyone have any input on which map to use for my girl? ImageUploadedByMO Free1459387431.338483.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1459387442.980358.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey all, been riding as much as I can trying to get the first 1000 miles done on my 15 RGS. I replaced the slipons with SE highflow and just today did the stage 1 air. I purchased the SE street performance tuner to flash the ecu, (made more sense than taking it to the dealership every time I add a new part), but here's where I'm stuck.

The only applicable map I found lists "103 big bore stage 1 kit"....does anyone have any input on which map to use for my girl? View attachment 248857 View attachment 248865

The Street Performance tuner is not the same as the Super Tuner. The one you got doesn't have near the options or tuning abilities of the other one.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Not The Same

The Street Performance tuner is not the same as the Super Tuner. The one you got doesn't have near the options or tuning abilities of the other one.
True. Limited maps and adjustments. None of the "off road only" performance features.:frown:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yea, I was made aware of that when I bought it. The performance tuner or super tuner would void my warranty I was told. Having only just purchased the bike and the dealership throwing in an extra years worth of warranty (3 total now) I'm reluctant to throw that away. When the warranty is done, I'll look at a better product. I just wanted to squeak out a little bit better performance in the meantime.

I went through all the options for the "tuner" for the stage 1 upgrade and all list the big bore 103 upgrade as the basis for the stage 1. I just want to make sure I'm not going to do any damage by using one of the base maps (high flow exhaust and air intake) which also has the big bore listed.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Afr

Yea, I was made aware of that when I bought it. The performance tuner or super tuner would void my warranty I was told. Having only just purchased the bike and the dealership throwing in an extra years worth of warranty (3 total now) I'm reluctant to throw that away. When the warranty is done, I'll look at a better product. I just wanted to squeak out a little bit better performance in the meantime.

I went through all the options for the "tuner" for the stage 1 upgrade and all list the big bore 103 upgrade as the basis for the stage 1. I just want to make sure I'm not going to do any damage by using one of the base maps (high flow exhaust and air intake) which also has the big bore listed.

As you don't use a map that might be too lean (probably not one of the options you have) you should be good to go. The worst you can do is to get it so rich you'll foul a plug! LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts

I can't be of much help, I don't have any first hand experience with the Street Tuner, I am thinking you can't make any adjustments inside the EPA mandated area, (cruising), I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Nothing you do to your bike will void your warranty.

As suggested, if in doubt, take it to the dealer and have them do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts