Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone from down here in Tampa, FL. I have a 2010 roadglide that I traded my 07 Ultra on. Love it and wish I had done this years ago when I traded one Ultra for another. Anyway I just replaced the exhaust system from the heads on back with V & H Pro Pipe 2 into 1's I had a few issues with the install and getting the flanges to flush up to the heads. I could only get either the front pipe and flange flush or the back but never the 2. I thought I had the exhaust as buttoned up as I could get it so I took the bike for a quick test ride knowing that the rear flange is just less than a 1/8" from being flush. As I was riding I strated getting lots of back firing and some bucking as I picked up speed. Sure signs of an exhaust leak. I just called V & H tech department and they are telling me the way the newer pipes are designed there is a lip on the header pipe and as long as the flange and gasket are pushing the pipe into the head then it is mounted correctly reguardless of the 1/8 inch glap between flange and head. Their tech told me the O2 sensors were not programmed to compensate for such a wide change from stock to the Pro Pipe 2 into 1. I haven't touched the stock air cleaner yet. I was planning for a PC V once I upgraded the air cleaner. I had a PC III on my ultra that I have but understand will not work on the 2010's. Does this sound correct? When I go home and the bike is cold I'm gonna start it and place my hand over the back header pipe and see if I can feel any leaks. I 'll also use some paper towels as well. I'll test front head pipe as well just to check as much as I can on my end. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
The V&H tech is right, you need a tuner if changing out the headpipe. You will need to purchase the PC V now, as riding your bike with the new pipes on it with no fuel/air adjustment preformed, you could damage your bike. You are right, the PC IIIs will not work on your bike.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Take a trip down to your friendly dealer and buy a pair of the SE exhaust gaskets. They are flat and not tapered at the outside face like the stockers are.
This makes tightening up the pipe much easier. In fact buy a spare set.

I have the Fuel Moto programed PC-V on mine and have no issues to report.
Plug and plug deal.
Probably left a few hp. and tq. on the table from a custom tune, but it's runs very nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts