Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
1300 Watts? Would be a little overkill for the Infinity Kappa, lol. That being said, I'm on my phone, but the amp looks a little large. Where do you plan to mount it? I've never heard of the amp and IMO you would be better off getting one of the many amps that are already mentioned in the forum. .... but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The amp is 4-3/4“w 7-1/2"l 1-1/3"H from what I remember is you are more likely to blow speakers by under powering them then over powering. Also it says that it's 250 watts X2 channels rms at 2 ohms. If it'spower is over rrated would still be a strong amp, and for $94.00.

Also would the j&m 7.25 with the mid and tweeter setup sound better than the infinity?

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Ok, all that information wasn't showing on my phone the first time, I had to redo the link. For the price, it may well be worth a try. IMO the Infinity sound better than JM, and I have both, but that's just my opinion, both are definitely better than stock.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok one more question I have not been able to find an answer to. I am running daymakers that uses the power wire that is used for the remote power wire to the amp. should I hook both the amp and daymakers up to that wire or run another remote power wire from some place.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
ok one more question I have not been able to find an answer to. I am running daymakers that uses the power wire that is used for the remote power wire to the amp. should I hook both the amp and daymakers up to that wire or run another remote power wire from some place.
I personally wouldn't do that for one reason. If your amp blows a fuse, there goes your lights too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe the daymakers only use that wire to power the center HD logo when the ignition is in the accessory position. if you still don't think its a good ideal to power them both from that wire, where should I run the remote amp wire from?

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I ran my remote amp wire from the cigarette lighter.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
I did the same as dbell when I had an amp that used the remote power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts