Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 05 glide and am changing the grips but have discovered its not so easy with the dual cables instead of electronic. My question is is it hard to do the throttle adjustment after getting the new grips on. Any help would be great

·
Registered
490 Posts
Pc. o' cake

It's been a few years since I've done it, but it is very simple. Use the adjusters to create slack and allow removal of cable from grip, re-install ferrules onto new grip, take the slack back out being careful not to tighten either one too much.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Exactly what everyone above said......When you are done reinstalling everything, pop the A/C off and make sure that at wide open throttle (at the grip) the throttle body/carb is fully open, if not readjust accordingly

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
And take care to get the front brake light switch positioned under the lever correctly or your next question will be "why does my brake light stay on?"

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
And take care to get the front brake light switch positioned under the lever correctly or your next question will be "why does my brake light stay on?"
Exactly what SickRick said! You can cut a 3/8 inch strip of cardboard and place it in the opening at the brake lever pivot point. The opening I refer to will appear when you pull the lever. Purpose is to hold the lever back slightly so you don't snap the end off of the brake light switch when you reassemble the housing.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Yes on what everyone else said. Also, I usually struggle a bit with the nubs on the end of the cable that slip into the grip. Take your time and be patient and you'll have no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts